Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm into the process of buying a CT 2010, and just found this forum.

Was on the point to check the $ of the winter tire, and web site I went offer 16'' package wheel + tires ( 225/70R16 ).

Pricing is interesting with the 16'' size... just confuse to be sure that will fit on the CT...

I have compare original size with 225/70 and there is less than 1% difference, which is perfect... just don't want to order this package and realize does't fit on the CT...

( I'm from Canada, probably that all CT are the same, looks at the disc brake size, no difference from the CT in the US vs Can... )

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same question about running 16" snow tires / wheels

I have the same question. Tirerack says a 16" snow tire & wheel combination will work. There are certainly more snow tire options and wheel options with much better pricing at that size. The "see this on your vehicle" image they present looks pretty good.

But has anyone actually tried this size? They told me the tire diameter is very close to OEM and should not affect the speedometer.

I want to buy a snow tire & wheel combo but am a little nervous about downsizing this much. As a new Crosstour owner (a certified 2010 EX-L), any advice would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
16" package fits fine on my '12. On second winter using P225/70-R16 Blizzak DM-V1's mounted on 2012 CRV steel rims. Fitment is fine - has to be since they both use the same brakes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ended up doing 17"

Found an unbelievable deal on used (but like new) 17" Blizzaks and then bought new 17" wheels from Tire Rack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thread dredge. 2012 AWD. I'm also looking at the 16" Tire Rack snow package. My concern is the tall sidewalls badly affecting handling. I am not aggressive but I've always appreciated how Hondas drive.

The roads around here are usually well groomed but can be slippery.

If 16"s are a bad idea then will 17" work OK? I'm not averse to the OEM but there is a large price jump to 18", plus I'm interested in basic steel wheels, which TR doesn't have in that size.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I roll around winter on 245 20"s... I think you're fine on OEM 17/18s, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts