·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My CT has 10,000 Miles on it.

I leased it with 4661 on the odometer.

So just over 5,000 of those are mine.

2010 EX 2WD in White Diamond Pearl with Ivory Cloth

Came from a 2003 Accord EXL V6 in Graphite Grey with Grey Leather with 84k miles on it almost.

How things are holding up:

The drivers seat fabric looks worn on the outer parts of the seat. It still looks clean, just the upholstery is wearing rather fast.

There is wind noise coming in the weather stripping on the drivers door, and the moonroof doesn't seal 100% when you close it from the vent position. You have to slide it back then close it to fully seal it.

I don't have any of the paint issues that some are talking about with the rear spoiler.

Ivory interior plastics are a pain to keep clean. But when regular cleaning it's a lot easier than waiting for them to be totally soiled.

My parking brake is super loose. It's definitely out of adjustment.

The wheel shakes when braking at all speeds. Dealer will resurface rotors at no cost to me since it's under warranty. Haven't had that addressed yet.

Warranty Work:

Interior pull down handle on the rear lift gate broke off in the cold one morning. Took honda a month to send the dealer the part.

Sun visor on passenger side made a snap noise every time it was closed. Dealer replaced it.

Brake rotors turned soon on the front, and possibly an e-brake adjustment if that would be covered.

Gas Mileage:

I have a heavy foot. Haven't seen more than 22 in my daily city/hwy mix. I get about 300 miles to a tank before the light comes on. By comparison I got about 23-25 with my 03 V6.

Maintenance:
A1 service which was $32.00 with my Sentinel plan that covers my oil changes thru Honda Care. Oil life is a 60% now. First service was at 7400 miles. Had to add oil at 5,000 miles. 1 quart low. Haven't checked it since.

Car gets attention everywhere. People always ask me about it. Love how quiet it is compared to the sedan model. Versatility of the hatch has been handy so many times already.

Dislikes:

Gas mileage. Size - It's way more car than I needed. Feels very massive at times when I need to make a sharp turn or a quick maneuver. Have to remind myself it's an SUV basically.

Would I buy it again:

Hard to say. I got a great deal, it was less than an Accord EX V6 would have been when it was all said and done (in terms of lease cost). I do like how it feels special compared to my other Accord's that I've previously had. The brains in me would probably go for the EX 4Cyl next time around, or the EX-L. I do miss my heated seats and the leather does add quite the luxurious look and feel to the inside.

Still wish I hadn't been so scared and leased the Sonata SE that I was so close to doing. I came back to Honda based on previous experiences, but every time I see one it makes me wonder what I missed out on.

Thanks for the read, I know it was a long post. Love the forum here, wish I was more crazy about my car. I'll update again at 20k.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
A 10,000 mile post is a nice idea! Have to remember to do that myself.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
I've had mine barely one week. Filled up yesterday and I had gotten about 360 miles on the first tank in mixed driving. I reckon that was about 22-23 mpg, but I don't know how full it really was when I took it from the dealer. I do drive about 45 min/1 hr each way to work, so the car does get to do most of it's driving already warmed up which makes a difference. I'll do the math on the next several fill-ups.

CT reviews on the internet seem filled with comment posts about how ugly the car is, but I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. Professional car writers do seem to have missed the mark.

She is not small, is she? I'm still adjusting to backing this car up. Baby got back. I'm coming from a much smaller car, though. I drove my wife's old VW as my commuter car for the past 5 years. Traded in my car back then so that my wife could have a new Odyssey. She drove the CT this weekend for the first time both Sat. night and Sun. morning and she was quite pleased. (She also had no trouble backing up, but then she's used to the Odyssey.)

We've been really happy with our Odyssey, which is an EX. One complaint I have on that one, though, is that the cloth seats have shown some wear.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice write up Austin CT. And yes, maybe a 10k mile review by others may be insightful as we go along.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone, I'm not to 20k yet so I'm not going to give a full blow report. Just wanted to tell you what's going on.

Had my B1 done at 14k or so and the filters in my car were horrid looking. The A/C one had mold on it. Needless to say, they were both replaced.

My drivers door lock whines once or twice a day, the actuator must be going out. Typical Honda. I'll get it fixed next service.

Other than that, I'm at almost 17k miles and all is well. Someone rear ended my car around 13k, literally days after getting it back from the bodyshop for rear body work before. Kinda blows because it really will never be the same. :(

Hope everyone is still enjoying their crosstour. If there's any suggestions I can make it's to have all season mats and if your dealer sells a legit interior/exterior protection with a warranty, get it. The Ivory Seats are going to need bi-annual shampooing.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
The dealer should change your seat covers if they are wearing i know we change lots cloth and leather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad end to a potentially good thread... :-/

I no longer have my Crosstour. After my accident I just never felt like my car was the same. I was between replacing it with a Jetta, Sonata or a TSX and went with the TSX. My CT was 26099 new, and traded for $22,000 at almost 19k miles. Not bad. Sold on the lot for $24,588 as a used car.

I should have never gone from an EXLV6 to an EX V6. My 03 Accord was a great car other than its transmission and motor mount problems. Now have the good ol' K24 in the TSX, with the Navi/BT. I'm in love again.

There are 4 cyl CT's coming soon. I'll be posting a review the minute we get one at my Honda store. Happy driving!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
WOW!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got 59K miles on mine (city, highway and off-road) and not a problem, squeak or rattle.

My Crosstour is my office, on an average day, I start the engine at 8AM and it runs continuously till 8 or 9PM. I get in and out of my Crosstour 10 to 15 times a day, not a sign of wear or tear on my seats. I average 375 to 410 miles per tank and that includes idling for 20 to 30 minutes while I’m on the phone, several times a day.

The average temp in my area is 105 degrees. Every morning when I start out, I click my navigation and say "Climate Control Full Automatic" the temp display shows 72 degrees and keeps me comfortable the entire day. I do notice when the sun is shining in on the driver side the fan speed increased on the driver side and not the passenger side. But at the same time I’ve been told by passengers they can feel the fan speed increase when the sun is shining in on them. I did a little bit of research and found this is a feature when the climate control system is set to full automatic.

I have followed all the recommend maintenance, but have recently had my cooling system flush and refilled my power steering system flushed and refilled and my brake fluid flush and refilled.

Everything on my Crosstour is stock, no modification or alteration. It runs like a dream and like a Bat-on-Fire when I have to pass several vehicles on a two lane highway. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
WOW!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got 59K miles on mine (city, highway and off-road) and not a problem, squeak or rattle.

My Crosstour is my office, on an average day, I start the engine at 8AM and it runs continuously till 8 or 9PM. I get in and out of my Crosstour 10 to 15 times a day, not a sign of wear or tear on my seats. I average 375 to 410 miles per tank and that includes idling for 20 to 30 minutes while I’m on the phone, several times a day.

The average temp in my area is 105 degrees. Every morning when I start out, I click my navigation and say "Climate Control Full Automatic" the temp display shows 72 degrees and keeps me comfortable the entire day. I do notice when the sun is shining in on the driver side the fan speed increased on the driver side and not the passenger side. But at the same time I’ve been told by passengers they can feel the fan speed increase when the sun is shining in on them. I did a little bit of research and found this is a feature when the climate control system is set to full automatic.

I have followed all the recommend maintenance, but have recently had my cooling system flush and refilled my power steering system flushed and refilled and my brake fluid flush and refilled.

Everything on my Crosstour is stock, no modification or alteration. It runs like a dream and like a Bat-on-Fire when I have to pass several vehicles on a two lane highway. :D
Same here! No problems as of yet. I am at 4500 miles though.:D

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
I've owned a stock CT EX-L 4WD with Nav for just over a year and turned 10k miles earlier this month. I have zero complaints, no buyer's remorse and still haven't seen another vehicle that I'd purchase otherwise (though, if I had my choice on the impractical side I'd get a pristine Acura NSX or maybe one of the new Audi S models eheheh- A friend of mine works for Audi Canada and tools around in a different model every couple of months). Acura manual shifting gearboxes are some of the best in the business in my view.

The oil level has been spot on since the beginning and 1st oil change was ~6800 miles if I recall correctly and I'm at 50% remaining now. Overall mileage is ~22 which I do not consider bad in the DC area (some of the worst traffic in the US right here baby- yuk). Highway mileage I can get very close to 29 and typically drive faster with cruise control ~70% of the time and stomp on the gas pedal here and there. Fit and finish is still excellent interior looks great, no rattles, squeaks, wind noise and exterior is still perfect (never had spoiler paint issues).

I wish there was a bit more stopping power in the brakes... appears there are aftermarket pads that perform better. Along with wider tires, both would be nice enhancements. Though it does not handle the same as my girlfriend's '07 Acura TSX 6 speed, still quite impressive given the weight and girth of the vehicle.

·
Registered
622 Posts
WOW!!!!

59K??!!!!! Give the man a cigar and a hooah for a nice testimonial.

One question. How long did the original tires last? And if replaced what did you replace them with? Ok, that was two questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm still running on the original Michelin tires. As of 15Aug11 tire tread on all four tires is 6/32 and I've been running nitrogen in my tires from day one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks ozzlopez, nice to know that these tires have some longevity to them. Please let us know when you replace and what you replace them with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts