Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 Out of the Park for Honda

8K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  twocar 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Crosstour today:) loving it!!! Had extra accesories added looks really great...Tried them all Lexus RX350, Audi Q5, Mercedes (new small one) and the ML350, Venza....a friend told me about the Crosstour....one look and ride and I was sold...this is our first Honda.....had Nissan's and Toyotas in the past.

#2 ·
what accessories did you add? I'm waiting to see someone who has the illumination package and remote start to see if it's worth it. The remote start seems like kind of a pain, due to the big key fob, since the regular key barely fits in my pocket as it is lol

Which version did you get?

#15 ·
I added the illumination to my 2011 EXL 4WD, not as bright as what Honda had in the 09 Accords, can only be seen at night. Had the Honda remote start on my 09 Accord 4D, wasn't really pleased with it. On the 11 CT, i had a Viper installed, works great. Has anyone picked up the door handle pockets? I think I paid $14 for them, great place for your cell phone and change

#3 ·
Got the EX-L nav white diamond ivory interior.....we added roof rack, mud flaps, rear bumper protector, door sills, body side molding, and bra. Looks pretty sharp...we had hard time deciding between the diamond pearl and the color you chose.:)

#4 ·
yeah, they were really trying to push the white diamond on us, since it's an "exclusive" color, but I've owned too many white vehicles, and I've just grown tired of it. I wanted black more than anything, but it's for my wife, and she won't be able to maintain black as well as it should be.

I was dying to get an Audi A4, and we accidentally went to honda and saw the ct for the first time. We got a much better value, and it has more "baby-friendly" options than pretty much every other vehicle we looked at.

I've considered adding the bumper protector, but I don't want chrome or anything like that on the car, I'm going to look into the 3m clear paint protector stuff, same thing for the bra.

The only thing I've added so far was tint to the windshield, sunroof, and front doors, and also added the door handle pockets, which should be there from the factory if you ask me.

#10 ·
Congratulations. I got a EX-L AWD w/ Navi. I had been watching CT's for a while. Rented an Infiniti FX45, drove all over MT and WY in June and hated it! Lousy head room (I'm 6' 2" and almost had to do the limbo to get in it and felt like LURCH behind the wheel), cramped back seat, lame turning radius, wacko controls inside, totally useless back window, probably much more expen$ive, etc.

Decided I'd test drive a CT when I returned from my trip and found it to be just right. Venza, RAV-4, Subaru's, etc. just didn't have the right combination. Above all, the feature I like most is the HATCH. My mountain bike fits in there just fine (I have to drop the seat post ~2" which is fine by me).

Best of luck with your new sporty car.

#12 ·
Rented an Infiniti FX45, drove all over MT and WY in June and hated it! Lousy head room (I'm 6' 2" and almost had to do the limbo to get in it and felt like LURCH behind the wheel), cramped back seat, lame turning radius, wacko controls inside, totally useless back window, probably much more expen$ive, etc.
Yeah, the FX45 is not the car to buy in this segment. I also test drove it and decided fairly quickly that it was not the crossover for me. It seemed like there wasn't even close to as much cargo area in the FX compared to the Crosstour, but checking the numbers I was incorrect apparently. The Crosstour has 51.3 cu feet of cargo area while the FX has 64.5 (both numbers are with seats folded down). Funny enough, I bet it is the fact that the Crosstour has useable cargo area while the FX doesn't.

Dave

#16 ·
My 2011 EX-L 4WD w/nav has the illumination and remote start. First for both for me. I feel that I should've just saved the money for the illumination. Not really impressed with it. As far as the remote start, it is like having another key on the key ring but again I've never had remote start and mostly got it for warming up the car this winter than anything. Also it's a quick way to make sure the doors are locked and the engine's off. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.