Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post some of the reasons I've taken my Crosstour back to the dealer in the last month to have some items looked at. I'm curious to know if any of you out there have had similiar issues. I own a 2010 Black/Black EX-L 4WD.

1) Car pulls to left while driving and steering wheel off-center
I've noticed that my new Crosstour pulls to the left when I let go of the steering wheel briefly while driving down a straight highway. I took it to the dealer once already and he said my steering wheel was off-center, so they corrected it. A week later the alignment still isn't perfect so I'm taking it back again. Ongoing issue with alignment.

2) Radio display tilted / off-center
My radio display is slightly tilted / rotated to the right. It is quite noticeable when comparing the border around the display (it is uneven on the top versus the bottom). I have a service appointment this weekend to have them straighten it.

3) Tailgate gap to left side outer panel
I've seen this one discussed as well in a few other posts .. When my tailgate is shut, there is a larger gap on the driver side compared to the passenger side outer panels.

4) Scratches on center visor display around radio
The interior parts (i.e. radio display, center console, visor) are extremely susceptible to scratches since the surfaces are all painted. I noticed these scratches a couple weeks after getting my new Crosstour. I don't even use this area for anything so I'm having that replaced as well. Was hard to notice at first because of my black interior and the cloudy days we've been having.

5) XM radio only displays artist, not song and artist
This may be a design issue. The service guys were stumped when I showed them this. They said they called Tech Line and they said this was normal XM operation. Not sure I agree. Issue was when using radio presets or steering wheel controls to change channels, only artist would show on display when new song came on. Change the channel using either the SEEK or SELECTOR knob and arist + song title will show.

6) Driver side washer nozzle spray pattern hits windshield too low, compared to passenger side
This was easily adjusted with a thin blade, but it was pretty annoying at first when I would use the washer fluid and the pattern was hitting the glass too low.

7) Water leak at sunroof while driving car through automatic car wash
Now this one might be due to the high pressure water spray used at my car wash. When driving my Crosstour through I would actually get sprayed slightly on the right side of my face. Took it to the dealer and they ran it through their car wash 7 times and could not re-create it.. My wife's CR-V is doing the same thing I noticed so it has to be some high pressure !!

Overall I LOVE my new Crosstour and have received many compliments on it.. Just wanting to know everyone else's experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow that is quite a list. I'm going to have to check some of these things out. I have the same issue with the XM but didn't make an issue of it as this is the first time I've had it in my vehicle. I'm glad you are enjoying it despite these issues.

·
Registered
183 Posts
At least you've got lots for your dealer to work on.... :-(
I haven't had any of these nor other issues with mine since I bought it last March....

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've got the steering wheel off-center issue. I'll have it fixed and the alignment done with the first oil change.

None of your other issues, only other pending issue is vibration over 70 mph, and I'll have that taken care of when I go in for the above.

Glad you are enjoying your car otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
345 Posts
I've had zero issues so far (purchased mine 1 August).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have issue 3 and 6 on mine...waiting until the first service to get it fixed. Also, as previously posted, the sunvisors fell out of the roof and there were problems with the seat heater on the passenger side. Glove box is crooked...we keep finding little things like this...makes me feel like I have bought an Italian car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I decided to get everthing fixed sooner rather than later just so the dealer doesn't come back and say I caused the alignment to be off or I caused the scratches .. Both these were issues right away .. As far as passenger seat not heating? I don't have that issue but I believe the owner's manual states that the passenger side seat bottom ONLY is supposed to heat, whereas on the driver side both the seat bottom AND the seat back is supposed to heat (by design). Also checked visor clips and they weren't falling out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe that to be the usual situation with XM radio. If you are in the artist mode, the song title displays briefly at the beginning of each track and is then replaced with the name of the artist. If you wish to see the title, you just need to change to the title mode.

·
Registered
152 Posts
5) XM radio only displays artist, not song and artist

This may be an issue only with non-nav cars? I have nav, and both the artist and song title display on the nav screen. Only the song displays in the small window under the nav screen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Passenger electric seat heat

You are correct, jmiller, on the passenger side, only the seat (not the back) heats. (Why Honda can't make it work like other manufacturers do is a mystery to me.) The CT is my 3rd Honda EXL, and I know this all too well, but mine just wasn't working at all. Turns out that it wasn't properly plugged in to the wiring harness. Error in assembly, just like the visors (both of them!) falling out, and the crooked rear hatch, etc...I always wonder what else was f----d up, but so far there have been no additional problems aside from the host of them that were discovered during the first few weeks of ownership. For the record, Honda SERVICE has been really great about helping get all of this fixed, but the management at the Honda DEALERSHIP was not supportive at all. This is our 4th Honda. The first three were basically trouble free, but this one...we will see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it looks like the dealer was able to repair almost everything except for the tailgate mis-alignment. They were unable to get the gap even between driver and passenger side they said, so now I have to take it to their body shop !! :confused:

Oh well at least it's under warrantly but seriously this is major .. Something with the welds aren't right they said ... They tried adjusting by loosening the hinges and sliding over to the driver side but it bottomed out...

Also on the radio display mis-aligned ... I have the non-navi version. Would someone be willing to take a photo of their display and post so I could compare? They did straighten it on both sides but it now seems like it's sitting too high (they didn't make it even between top and bottom). Maybe this is how it's supposed to be?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts