Replace audio system - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
Ssteve

Default Replace audio system

I just bought a 2013 Crosstour. Im not happy with the audio system in it, would like to add nav also. Does anyone have any experiences with upgrades? It seems that the panel design may preclude this. Thoughts?

Steve
Ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
MACrosstour64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssteve View Post
I just bought a 2013 Crosstour. Im not happy with the audio system in it, would like to add nav also. Does anyone have any experiences with upgrades? It seems that the panel design may preclude this. Thoughts?

Steve
I've seen other threads on this, and it was noted while you can swap for the navi system it will cost you a couple grand to do it.

MACrosstour64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
Foxem

I just bought a 2015 Crosstour EX-L V-6, 4WD no Navi. I have a Civic 2012 also with premium audio and I believe the audio system from civic is better.

Last edited by Foxem; 11-15-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Foxem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
JOsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssteve View Post

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxem View Post
I just bought a 2015 Crosstour EX-L V-6, 4WD no Navi. I have a Civic 2012 also with premium audio and I believe the audio system from civic is better.
You can install an after market head unit. Here is Metra's kit for the non-nav dash in the 2010 - 2012..

Or if you source and figure out the climate control parts, you could do this. Nav climate control face..

Either way, you are basically rendering the upper screen useless.

Also, it puts the visual information way too low in the dash in my opinion.

There is a Chinese radio out there that goes into the upper screen location, but it is pricey and I would not trust that for superior audio....

If it is just audio performance you are looking for, it is pretty simple to add line level converter(s) to the output from the radio, add amplifiers, and upgrade the speakers.

Again, sound quality is only limited by $$$$$$.

I would agree that the sound system in my 2010 isn't the greatest... but is just fine for my needs.

Jeff

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L AWD
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5S
1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo Convertible (41k and holding)
JOsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
Ronf

I have the same year and felt the same way. For a "Premium 7 speaker /sub woofer" the sound system in it sucks. Honda should be ashamed. First thing I would do is look at previous posts about adjusting the Touch Screen setting for Destination and one other, that I don't recall off hand. That made 100% improvement on volume but did nothing to the sub woofer not producing any sound. Factory speakers are a joke !
I replaced the door speakers with Infinity Primus "PR650is" because they had a 3 ohm load and gave me a little more horsepower out of the factory amp without overloading it. I replaced the tweeters with Alpine soft domes. Finally I added an Alpine Amp "MRV-M250" to the sub woofer. The amp was installed right behind the factory amp located under the little storage area far left passenger side truck area. The factory sub wasn't bad, it just didn't have any power to it to perform.

I have pictures of every thing, I meant to post for others, just haven't had the time to shrink them to email size and post.

Speakers from Crutchfield < $100.00 set x 2, front and back,tweeters $120.00 and amp < $200.00.
Sound is tight and crisp. Bass sub is still adjustable through factory unit.
I love drive my CT now.
Ronf
Ronf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #6
ivanoski

AM I the only one that likes the factory speakers? And this is coming from a bmw x3 that had like 8 speakers, and they sucked ass...... So much money for such a shitty audio system that sounds better in a honda.
ivanoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #7
Foxem

I am thinking to replace the default speakers with focal speakers.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #8
JOsworth

Actually, my crappy Jeep Liberty had a better sounding system than the Honda.. My wife's very base Benz sounds better too.

Hmm... come to think of it, everything I have had since the 2004 Accord Coupe sounded better.....

But again, I find it to be good... at least good enough for me... but I understand other folks complaints..

Jeff

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L AWD
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5S
1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo Convertible (41k and holding)
JOsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #9
ivanoski

Mercedes usually have excellent sound system
ivanoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #10
Foxem

For my Crosstour EX-L 2015, is it possible to replace the default mask with one from an accord 2016?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accord EX-L 2016.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	8737  
Old 07-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #11
TyroneT

Lots of options, just depends on amount of money you want to spend....and then possible issues with steering wheel controls.
TyroneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #12
Foxem

Can you direct me to some one who can provide options?
I want to understand what does it means you lose some features. I don't mind to verify each cable and connect it manually in order to have all the features on the steering wheel.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #13
hamio

Ha! Yeah, I have a 2012 with the Premium system and factory speakers and I think it sounds pretty good. Meh, I guess I don't have a golden ear.
hamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement