Hi! We're new to the Honda Crosstour Experience... - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > New Member introduction

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
CorvairJim

Smile Hi! We're new to the Honda Crosstour Experience...

Hello to all our future friends in the Honda Crosstour family. We're so new that we haven't even taken delivery of the car yet - The dealer is finishing up a few things like replacing the timing belt and doing a proper detail job on it (He said it WAS detailed, but I worked as a detailer 25 years ago and, let me tell you, that car was NOT detailed!). We pick it up next Saturday, July 24th. It is a 2011 EX-L (is that right, I forget the designation of the top-line model) 4WD in "Tango Red" with a light tan interior... Gorgeous! It will primarily be my wife's car, as well as the car we use when going someplace together. She doesn't really like my Chevy Cobalt SS for road trips, and I really don't mind driving her car. I think I drove her last two cars (a 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT, followed by a 2006 Maxx LTZ when the '05 was totaled out from under her) more miles in total than she did, doing all the long-distance vacation driving to Florida and the Midwest from the Philadelphia area several times over the years. I'm looking forward to seeing how our "new" Crosstour does on these long trips. Our test drives of this and one other Crosstour lead me to believe that it will be a great car to eat up the miles in.
CorvairJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum and welcome to becoming a new Crosstour owner. I'm sure you will love the car. Lots of great info here on this board that applies to your Crosstour. Have fun and if you have any questions, just ask.
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:20 AM   #3
CorvairJim

Thank you very much, Crashmaster (that name has me wondering... ) We brought her home today - pictures forthcoming. So far we have about 100 miles on her, in addition to the 128,xxx she already had. As I understand, for a modern Honda product, that means she's just about broken in. She certainly drives like a brand new car. In a couple of weeks, I plan to spend saturday detailing her (the dealer's get ready guy did a piss-poor job with the outside, although the inside looks great!). Tomorrow (Sunday, 7/28) will be our first road trip, a round trip of roughly 180 miles. We're looking forward to seeing how she does.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, and I'm also sure I've found the right source for just about anything I may need to know. My wife plans on joining the forum too, so hopefully you'll get a chance to meet her soon, too.

(BTW: We named the car "Delilah".)

Old 07-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
edubfromktown

Welcome to the forum CorvairJim (I have a '65 Monza 4-speed and a 2010 Crosstour at home; along with the wife's Acura TSX 6-speed).

My friends are still impressed by how quiet the ride is in the CT (I am too!).
edubfromktown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:08 AM   #5
CorvairJim

We've had the car about three weeks and 1,200 miles now and love it! It rides so comfortably, handles predictably, and the seats are a lot more comfortable than the 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx we had before the CT. Best $8,400 we ever spent.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:19 PM   #6
cjsebes

Treat it will and it will treat you well. I have a 2010 EX-L and currently have 181k miles. I hope to get 250k before I let it go. At the rate I'm going, it's looking good.
cjsebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement