Fuel Pump - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Maintenance

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
Michelle Stone

Default Fuel Pump

Any recommendations on OEM Fuel pumps vs Honda Fuel Pump? Big difference in price but is the Honda Fuel Pump that much better?
Michelle Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I have not heard of any problems with aftermarket fuel pumps. For that matter, it's pretty rare for the original Honda pump to fail. Let me ask you a few questions:

What year, model and engine is your car.
What fuel station brand and octane do you use? Even any gasohol?
Do you ever add any fuel additives?
Did the pump fail or did it start making noise?
What aftermarket fuel pump are you considering?
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Michelle Stone

2010 EX model V6. 198000 miles. I use 87 octane. Original fuel pump. I have only added a fuel additive once. It is taking a few revolutions to start / hesitating. A mechanic recommended a test of turning the key on but not starting and waiting 5 seconds. Repeat this 3 times and start. When I do this it starts right up. It is priming the system. The part I am looking at is Delphi Gasoline Fuel Pump CFG0962

Old 08-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

The fuel system is very susceptible to fuel additives which is why Honda does not recommend ANY fuel or oil additive. Anyway, I would say your mechanic is right on the money. The Delphi fuel pump should be a good replacement (even though I have never used this brand). Let us know what happens.
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #5
Michelle Stone

I bought the Delphi Pump first than the Spectra fuel pump for my Honda Crosstour. Neither of these pumps compress down enough to screw on the top ring once in the fuel tank. Compared all 3 pumps side by side and the original Honda Pump compresses down approximately 1 inch farther We have noticed that on the spectra Pump the springs that encompass the rods compress fully but don’t allow the rods to go father down. Has anyone had this issue? Is this as simple to cut the springs to fit or buy the more expensive factory Honda part. All of the auto part stores are carrying the same 2 pumps for this make and model. Appreciate any help. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement