Vcm muzzler 2. Install - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Honda dealers must follow the factory warranty guidelines when diagnosing and repairing cars. In oil consumption cases, they normally start with step one, being to check the oil, top it off and then ask that you come back in a week so they can record the miles and oil level. They call this the oil consumption test. They will keep doing this until they have a good idea of how many miles results in oil loss. Once they know that, then they can proceed to the next step. As you mentioned, there might be some software updates that could make a difference in oil consumption.

NOTE: Even if you are out of warranty, I have often seen Honda dealerships extend the warranty in certain circumstances. If you can show some proof of the problem prior to the warranty or sometimes just for good customer relations, they will extend the warranty. Only the service manager can make this call, so don’t stand there arguing with the service writer about this. Even though you received this vehicle with this problem, it might be beneficial to find out where the prior owner had his vehicle serviced; as he might have complained about the oil usage (prior to the extended warranty going into effect).
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #17
Rickm

VC Muzzler 2 is it used to help with acceleration vibration ? where do you buy these tired of vibration, new tires balanced no difference
Rickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #18
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

If the vibration is coming from the engine during ECO mode, then this might help. When the engine goes from 6 cylinders, to 4 and then to 3, some people experience a vibration. The VCMuzzler keeps the engine in 6 cylinder mode all the time.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #19
hondoford

I'm exactly this person you are describing - had the issues with our 2010 Crosstour. Did the consumption test, did new plugs (2-3 times). At 115K the engine was bad. The dealer/Honda covered majority of rebuilding the engine and replacing 2 cylinders and all rings. My cost was $450 and they gave us a loaner for the 10 days it took.

I only heard of the VCMuzzler on this forum; bought it, took 3 min. to install and I swear my car is running better.

here's a link. There are a few versions/resellers -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VCMuzzler-I...-/172807770690
hondoford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:28 AM   #20
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I added a VCMuzzler as a preventive measure so that I would not (hopefully ever) have to deal with these problems. I just considered it cheap insurance for my car.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #21
2010BlackPearl

Any preference out there on which VCM product to go with? I know there is an S-VCM Controller as well. Any pros/cons with going with one over the other?

I have read both websites online and it seems like a toss up on which one to go with. Any users have any opinions?

Thanks

Last edited by 2010BlackPearl; 09-21-2019 at 12:35 AM.
2010BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #22
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Before I purchased, I also read the reviews and even the instruction manuals for the various products. I wish I could say I picked the best bang for the buck, but they all seemed to do the same thing. I think I went with what was selling the best and had the best customer support. I think you would be happy with any of the popular brands.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:57 PM   #23
2 Live Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010BlackPearl View Post
Any preference out there on which VCM product to go with? I know there is an S-VCM Controller as well. Any pros/cons with going with one over the other?

I have read both websites online and it seems like a toss up on which one to go with. Any users have any opinions?

Thanks
I went with the S-VCM and it works great IMHO
2 Live Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #24
sirdirk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Moo View Post
I went with the S-VCM and it works great IMHO
Great choice! love that i don't have to mess with resistors when the weather changes
sirdirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #25
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I agree, a great product. You will be happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement