2.4 performance mods - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Engine Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
aCross

Default 2.4 performance mods

So Im driving a 2013 2.4 and I wanna make it faster. I was thinking about a performance tune but I dont know too much about this. Anyone got any other ideas or know about tuning it? The max I would wanna spend is $600 but I would really prefer much lower lol.
aCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
ivanoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCross View Post
So Im driving a 2013 2.4 and I wanna make it faster. I was thinking about a performance tune but I dont know too much about this. Anyone got any other ideas or know about tuning it? The max I would wanna spend is $600 but I would really prefer much lower lol.
for $600 at best you can do is meddle with the exhaust, even then its no more than 5hp, you could try weight reduction: remove rear seats, spare tire, and anything else not strapped down, maybe a cold air intake but the HP gains on those is questionable, Ive heard of some civic SI owners tuning the ECM chips for more power, not really sure.
ivanoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
robsvtwin

Default 600 dollars worth of mods??

600 dollars worth of mods is not much. I put a down pipe and modified the exhaust for around $550 and I still have one piece to add for another $120. I did feel a noticeable change but I also believe this was in conjunction with the Takeda short ram intake. I think the SRI was around $200. I have also added the Unorthodox pulleys and those I really like! The pulleys were around $240 and came with a Gates belt. I had to buy some tools to remove the crank pulley bolt. I really like the outcome of those mods. I have installed including the 22mm progress rear anti-roll bar. The anti roll bar was about $165 dollars. I am setting up the car for a supercharger and am planning for a standalone ECU and tune to be installed after the holidays.

Yes I used the 10 foot black water pipe along with a 1000 ftlbs impact Pneumatic Wrench, and Electric 300 ftlbs impact wrench.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	3537

Name:	IMG_1329.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	3545

Name:	IMG_1326.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	3553

Name:	IMG_1456.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	3561

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	3569

Name:	IMG_1429.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	3577

Last edited by robsvtwin; 11-05-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Add another Pict
robsvtwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Hondasports77

That's a RV6 downpipe isn't it? What part number didn't you used? Is it for the same gen accord 2008-2012 4 cylinder model? Thanks!!
Hondasports77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
L8Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsvtwin View Post
I am setting up the car for a supercharger and am planning for a standalone ECU and tune to be installed after the holidays.
But then will you not have to reinstall the OEM crank pulley so that you can mount the drive pulley for the supercharger compressor?
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
robsvtwin

Default Rv6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasports77 View Post
That's a RV6 downpipe isn't it? What part number didn't you used? Is it for the same gen accord 2008-2012 4 cylinder model? Thanks!!
Yes that is the RV6 Downpipe and yes I ordered the one for the 2008-2012 I4 Accord. I like it but read my post regarding the rasp noise. WOT its very cool. Driving it to the exhaust shop was an experience.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
robsvtwin

Default Pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
But then will you not have to reinstall the OEM crank pulley so that you can mount the drive pulley for the supercharger compressor?
I may be misunderstanding your post but I plan to compensate and adjust the pressure using the supercharger pulley. The supercharger pulley will use the same serpentine belt as the rest of the engine. The question is do I use centrifugal or screw type supercharger. I don't have this totally figured out so any guidance or suggestion would be appreciated. In addition this is not planned to be a drag or race car. I plan to keep this as street type car.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
robsvtwin

Default More on exhaust

Hondasports77

This is where I write more on the exhaust.

https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/f...ead.php?t=7785

Hope you find it helpful.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
L8Apex

Quote:
I may be misunderstanding your post but I plan to compensate and adjust the pressure using the supercharger pulley.
I understand that. I've done 6 superchargers on my Hondas.

Quote:
The supercharger pulley will use the same serpentine belt as the rest of the engine.
Kraftwerks tried this very unsuccessfully on their Rotrex kits. After 2 years of trying, and eating up lots of idler bearings and auto-tension bearings, you will find that all of their updated kits, now, use a drive pulley mounted to the crank pulley and a stand-alone drive belt.

The beauty of the stand-alone drive belt is that if it, the idler bearing, auto-tension bearing or other part goes wrong, all that happens is that you loose boost.

CT Engineering, Science of Speed, TTS, and now, Kraftwerks, all, use a stand-alone drive pulley.

Last edited by L8Apex; 11-07-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
L8Apex

Update: Since my experience is limited to the F20 and F22 motors on superchargers, please note that my comments on drive pulleys are limited to those Honda motors.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
robsvtwin

Default Superchargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
I understand that. I've done 6 superchargers on my Hondas.

Kraftwerks tried this very unsuccessfully on their Rotrex kits. After 2 years of trying, and eating up lots of idler bearings and auto-tension bearings, you will find that all of their updated kits, now, use a drive pulley mounted to the crank pulley and a stand-alone drive belt.

The beauty of the stand-alone drive belt is that if it, the idler bearing, auto-tension bearing or other part goes wrong, all that happens is that you loose boost.

CT Engineering, Science of Speed, TTS, and now, Kraftwerks, all, use a stand-alone drive pulley.
A separate drive pulley for the supercharger seems to make for a good design. I hope to keep the pulley but if it has to change I can do that. I have kept all my parts I have taken off. I hate to take steps backward particularly when money is involved. The little bit of research that I have done seems that the supercharger for the K24 engine only uses one pulley but there will be more to come. The crosstour is a project in the "Werks".
Old 12-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
TRiPPiN

Anybody thought about TSX ECU reflash.
I was planning to do this on my 7th Accord utilizing a 05 ECU with the Stock K24A4.

Recently I been on the K24A2 swap to my 7th gen. But I'm now interested the crosstour platform. Same base engine I haven't seen exact specs for the Xtour I prefer 4cyl over J-Series.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #13
rentalcarsuae

nice post
thanks for sharing good knowledge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rentalcarsuae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:16 PM   #14
L8Apex

I'll add to this late in the game as I'm just now starting to consider supercharging my 2015 Crosstour (sold the 2012). I'm looking at the Kraftwerks kit on first blush. It powers the compressor with a stand alone belt which is what I want. Using the "DIY" kit you must provide the intercooler (IC) - (measure, size, mount bracket issues), fab your own IC inlet and outlet piping, fab your own cold air intake and filter, injectors (assume Injector Dynamics 1000 cc/min will do nicely), fuel pump (Aeromotive 340), fab oil reservoir mounts, perhaps air flow sensor mods and finally a good dyno tune.

I'll take more time to consider this and talk with others about the ECU situation. If anyone has first hand knowledge of Hondata, AEM or Haltech used on the last generation Crosstour, it will be most welcome.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #15
L8Apex

Update. I just spoke with one of the best tuners in the midwest who also tunes at locations on the east and west coasts.

He suggests that it is a project too complicated to be worth it for a street car.

He says that there are too many complications with the vehicles systems because the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) drives the auto transmission where forced induction would make shifts unacceptably rough.

Burial services for this idea will commence as soon as the headstone arrives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement