Subwoofer - Page 3 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #31
gmcc

Yes, the sub works best from a digital source, CD, Ipod, mp3 etc. When my son "borrows" my car, it comes back with the sub on 6, but I usually keep it on 4.
1999 Lexus ES300
1977 Corvette
gmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #32
DraEagWol

Well thanks for verifying I'm not just hearing things... I still find it odd that the bass is stronger from a digital source, I've not heard that in any other car or audio I've listened too.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #33
FamilyGuy

Question What audio settings are people using?

Maybe this should be a separate thread, but it seems related to the sub and bass settings people are describing. CNET's review of the Crosstour had praise for the sound quality. I've been pretty happy with the sound quality, but I would've appreciated a cheat-sheet from CNET to know what they set the bass, treble, etc at.
Mine is like this:
Bass*+6
Treble*+4
Fade R3
Balance Ctr
Sub*+6
SVC Mid

I don't feel like the sub is doing much, either. Any suggested improvements?

Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #34
gmcc

Family Guy, your setting are very similar to mine except I keep the sub on 4 or 5. From a good digital source, Ipod or CD, I can hear and feel the sub woofer, from the FM radio, not so much.
Is the sub woofer like my son's 12" Kicker in the trunk of his car, where you can fell him driving down the street, no, but it works for me.
1999 Lexus ES300
1977 Corvette
gmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #35
FamilyGuy

Thanks for the reply! I'm happy with the sound quality and there is enough bass for me, but I honestly can't tell any difference when the sub is at -6 or +6. I have to stand by the open hatch to tell that it's doing anything.
That, and I'm just curious if any stereophiles want to share their setup tips!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #36
pgarci01

Same here all of the bass I hear is coming out of the front speakers. If I fold the seat down its slightly more noticeable but I can't drive around with the seat down when I'm not using the trunk lol. The coupe has a crazy sound system so I've been lazy with the sound system on the CT smh...

Current Mods:
[XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K HID Low Beams w/ Phillips Bulbs] [XenonDepot Xtreme 4300K Fog Lights] [35% Front Window Tint] [Interior Wood Trim Kit] [White LED Interior Upgrade] [White 24 LED Reverse Lights] [Blackout Front Grille] [De-badged] [Muffler Blackout] [Viper Alarm System w/ Remote Start]

pgarci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #37
RyansQuick6
Super Moderator

Most music on the radio, and even a bit on satellite lose those frequencies. Fading to the rear won;t do anything to increase the output, it's not like and old 4-channel system from back in the day. The sub has it's own channel and the sub control is all that controls it seperately from the main volume.

Mine thumps pretty good, especially for a factory sub. In most cars you never know it's there. I used to work in car stereo when I was younger, and still have some ghetto subs in my mustang, that never get turned up anymore lol, so I think I'm a decent reference on the subject. If you're not hearing it at all, run by the dealer and have them check it out.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #38
jbell

The rear speakers suck! I have to turn the fader almost all the way up and volume really turned up to even hear them. I have heard several accounts about how bad the system performs. I have a 10 CT so Im in that category. Any new suggestions for a fix? If I was to replace the rear speakers with something good, is there something that I can just exchange into the existing space w/o any mods?...
jbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #39
junkdvan

Does anyone know how to connect to stock subwoofer because I'm using a 12inch kicker and want to use the stock one as well but have no idea how I get too much noise interuption plus I'm out of Ideas. Plus I want to change the door speakers for better ones any ideas wants good.?
junkdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #40
whyttyger

Send a message via AIM to whyttyger

My last car, an `06 Ford Freestyle LTD had WAY better audio reproduction than my CT does. Not that my CT audio isn't good... I still think it's better than most.

With that said - I once heard that speakers are 80% of the stereo... and Good quality speakers will sound 20% better.

Now my question is this... with car audio starting to be so high in quality... Can just simply chainging the speakers (direct swap) improve the audio w/o adding amps, crossovers, or disabling ANC?

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L w/ Navi [black pearl]
whyttyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyttyger View Post
My last car, an `06 Ford Freestyle LTD had WAY better audio reproduction than my CT does. Not that my CT audio isn't good... I still think it's better than most.

With that said - I once heard that speakers are 80% of the stereo... and Good quality speakers will sound 20% better.

Now my question is this... with car audio starting to be so high in quality... Can just simply chainging the speakers (direct swap) improve the audio w/o adding amps, crossovers, or disabling ANC?
The short answer is "yes."

However, it can start to get more complicated especially when systems (such as our CTs) have active noise reduction systems, etc.

(at least this is my understanding)
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #42
whyttyger

Send a message via AIM to whyttyger

That opens up a new question:

What speakers can I replace (ie. tweeters up front, front door speakers, etc.)that won't affect the ANC?

Somehow I wish there was a speaker upgrade package - specific to our vehicle.

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L w/ Navi [black pearl]
whyttyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #43
Xaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyttyger View Post
That opens up a new question:

What speakers can I replace (ie. tweeters up front, front door speakers, etc.)that won't affect the ANC?

Somehow I wish there was a speaker upgrade package - specific to our vehicle.
I believe it was somewhere on this board (maybe even this thread) where someone inquired and was informed by a knowledgable source, that changing out speakers would adversely effect the ANC.

Although my simple brain tells me that it can't be that much of a difference because if the stereo (or ANC) wishes to produce a certain frequency of noise, it will be able to produce it regardless of the quality of the speaker (presuming the speakers aren't junk).

So therefore, would new, better speakers work just as well with the ANC (if not better)?

It's not like if you swap out poor speakers for better speakers all of a sudden the recordings sounds worse... infact, they sound closer to what they "should" sound like.

Right?

Any audio engineers in there that feel like helping me make sense of this?
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #44
kirbstone

I have tried to find out how to remove the liner to get at subwoofer. Then I finally found a document that outlines the steps. steps 1 thru 19. (it takes some work to do it)

do a google search for 13hitch.pdf. it will bring you to a PDF on installing the hitch. the sets thru 19 will show you how to remove liner.
kirbstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement