Updated Oddball Build - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Brizzzey

Default Updated Oddball Build

This is a bit of a late update to the build, but the lift from HRG definitely helped out on the random path I followed in the Green Mountains of VT a few weeks ago. I was there the end of April just for an afternoon but still had some fun. Of course some of the deeper roads and trails that looked a but more fun were gated off for the season until May 1st and I was there less than a week too soon. Perhaps this summer I'll get back there. The adjustable upper ball joints I picked up have been a great help in keeping my alignment with the lift, for sure a needed extra if a lift is added.

Still looking at a skid plate option but I'm not a fan of the way it mounts, mounts right to both of the forward tow points and is modeled for a 2013, the underside of the engine and transmission are slightly different places too so I might be out of luck. I'm looking into trying to mount a brush guard meant for a Subaru Outback or Crosstrek as well to protect my front, if I can jerry-rig the mounting to my car. Last major part I'm looking for is a Wilco Offroad hitch swing gate tire-carrier, I've got a full size spare that would be great to mount outside instead of taking up space in the back.

I've got a 20" light bar I've been procrastinating to install, thoughts on where to mount it? I'm thinking the upper most grill cross member with a tube mount, or the top of the grill bit. Could also try to fit a rally bar again meant for a Crosstrek underneath the front plate and tube mount it to that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20190428_172701007_LI.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	6.09 MB
ID:	8651   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20190428_172649107_HDR_LI.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	8.34 MB
ID:	8653   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20190428_154603579_HDR_LI.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	4.85 MB
ID:	8655   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190428_154635241_HDR.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	8657   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190428_154652569.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	1,021.0 KB
ID:	8659  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190428_154518595_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	8661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190428_154526556_HDR.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	8663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190428_154419537_HDR.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	8665  
Brizzzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
Doug67SS

Brizzzey, thanks for the great photos. I really like what you have done with your CT; you've gone in the opposite direction (up) from me (lowered). So cool to see how different members approach making their CTs truly their own.

Regading skid plate, sounds like a "must" for what you do.I would say either modify the one you found (welding closed unused mounting holes, drilling mounting holes where you need them, etc.) or fab one up from poster board, take that template to a fab shop and have them make one for you. Powder coat or POR 15 should protect it well.

As for the light bar, I'd go for mounting where it gives you the most benefit when you're on the trail, as I don't think you'll use it on the street and it should look good up top.

Really like the updates and what you've done to your car.

2015 Honda Crosstour, EX-L AWD; No Navi
LED headlights, LED interior lights
POR-15 painted calipers (red)
StopTech drilled and slotted rotors
Acura TLX rear sway bar (20mm)
Energy Suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings
KartBoy solid rear sway bar end links
K Sport Pro coilovers; lowered to 29"
SPC Performance 3 piece adjustable rear lower control arms
Genuine Honda JDM badging front, rear and steering wheel
Doug67SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
sirdirk2

Default Awesome!

looks awesome! thanks for keeping us updated

how dirty was your engine compartment after hitting the mud route? LOL great stuff. keep up the good work!!
sirdirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
Brizzzey

The engine compartment was pretty clean after the mud, the only mud and dirt was on the outside and the bottom of that under plastic paneling. Nothing really got up into the engine compartment.

Unfortunately my projects are on hold for now as I recover my bank account from a move and longer time off between jobs as planned. Also replacing the front axle out of pocket was a nice dent too but much needed. But my order for when things start again:

Install Light bar
Skid Plate Mounting Make up
Skid Plate Install
Finalize plans to swap tires to AT at least or possibly AT tires on Method Race Trail Series rims or Honda HFP rims from the 08-12 18x7.5(?), the 7 spoke I think and looking at running 255/50/18s if I do that.
Save for D2 Racing Shock/Strut Assemblies, these will lower me by at least .5" all around but I know my front will still not rub, the rear I'm not sure about but I do want to replace my OEM suspension with something a bit more worthy of the bumpy gravel roads and other destinations.

Work on a equipment trailer for a roof top tent:
Flip axle under leaf springs
New longer axles maybe?
Fitting my unused OEM wheels on the trailer (longer axle may be needed but lug pattern currently matches)

Additionally I haven't seen him pop up on the forum here but there was a guy on facebook in the Lifted Honda Society group that had picked up a 2010 Crosstour with the intent to turn it into a rally asphalt (I think asphalt not gravel) car and was going to get D2 Racing suspension and the same lift kit I got after we had talked a little.
Brizzzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement