2012 Crosstour Mystery - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
HWLorenz

Talking 2012 Crosstour Mystery

Im not much of a forum type, but before I take this car to the dealership and have them charge me an arm and my first born to fix it, I thought I would try this and see what I get.

I have a 2012 CT EXL with a 3.5l V6. This is my wife's car and we have had this thing since it was new and have had absolutely no issues with it at all... until now. I took it down to have the oil changed and I noticed that under acceleration there is a vibration after about 40 MPH. When at freeway speed all is normal until you step on it and then it acts like its not firing on all cyls. I notice that the ECO light that comes on isnt going off right away, it does, but as soon as you hit the gas like it used to. Im thinking its the VCM system, but there are no check engine lights or the wrench on.... all is normal.

What would be come causes for this? I have researched the googlenet and there is a whole basket of stuff that it could be. I know its not tires or CV axle issues, I can safely say that it is more than likely not engine mounts. I called Honda service (reluctantly) and they suggested that it might be an injector issue, so I am running injector cleaner in it now.

Aside of the vibration under acceleration, the car runs and drives normal.

Any Thoughts?

H
HWLorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

When they changed the oil, did they rotate the tires or add any oil or fuel additive?
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
vind

Maybe they loosen something and forgot to plug it back in. Check oil dip stick before you start the car in morning on flat surface and see if level reading is correct. Probably have a mechanic with a good scanner to diagnose and see if anything is odd under acceleration.

Cheapest fix probably get a VCM muzzler and bypass the VCM and see if that works for you if you don't care for Variable Cylinder Management feature.
vind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2019, 01:54 AM   #4
dANCOIMAGE

Lightbulb I know what your talking about. I got it fixed by Honda

Off top of my head I can't think of the exact parts or the word phrase used in my warranty coverage of the issue.
I bought a 2010 lease return just shy 33k miles. I loved everything except this low hesitation shifting shuffle not knowing if it was wanting to down shift up shift float in neutral or cruise in ECO...drove me bonkers cause my first reaction leaving a stop was to either gas it which launched the car or I would back off causing an immideate low gear crawl during first acceleration in 2nd gear.

I mentioned it each visit at CarMax for service until I really pressed the issue and got some action.

It went back and forth between Honda and CarMax until each had fixed items they finally owned up to.

It is something that requires Honda service center, and if you ever noticed that Honda has less bays than other dealers, I'm guessing the techs don't enjoy this type of repair.

I will update this with detailed info from my records or a quick visit to carmax website.
dANCOIMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
sulkair

Any resolution yet? HWLorenz? Any updates dANCOIMAGE?
sulkair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement