Crosstour Vibration / Flutter 20 - 25 mph - Page 10 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #136
JOsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bomber View Post
A TSB was issued on August 30, 2016 concerning what Honda calls the "judder" at speeds between 20 and 45 mph.

It is Service Bulletin 16-066 which says to "update the A/T and PGM-FI software and replace the automatic transmission fluid."

They have extended the warranty portion that covers this if your car is within the age and mileage parameters. You VIN number is required to verify these things.

So far, it seems to have worked for me.
Huh??? Not all vibrations are the same! Most of all of the threads you posted this in this was normally the first thing done by the dealer... Was for me as well. And ended up not fixing the issue.

In my case, a faulty engine mount was found and that fixed it for the most part.

For many owners bad front axles are to blame as well.... try and find some for a Crosstour... they aren't out there... from Honda or the aftermarket.. Hmmmmm....

I suspect your problem will come back... when it does... please keep it in one thread... thanks.

Jeff

2010 Honda Crosstour EX-L AWD
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5S
1985 Dodge 600ES Turbo Convertible (41k and holding)
JOsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #137
Heckle

First off, Hello all. This is my first post. I found this site after feeling a couple off things with my CT.

Ok, I've read through this thread and at least have a few things I can reference for my dealer to look a... My CT is Honda Certified Pre-Owned full until 48k and power-train til 100k.

I little info on my CT. 2014 V6 AWD. Bought it July 19 this year with 10507 miles on it. now has 15567 miles on it. I love this car except for the things being talked about in this thread. I get a shudder at around 20 - 25 miles per hour but while just holding that speed or very slight acceleration. I get a slight shifty feel at around 25 to 45 miles per hour but I am deducing from this forum that's just the way the VCM motor fells and I will get used to it.

Couple things I have that I have not seen addressed occur when I'm starting in reverse.. If I am in reverse and turning the wheel hard in either direction to get out of parking spots i feel/hear a vibration. Like a low rumbling vibration. It doesn't shake the car but i can definitely feel it and my old mechanic says he can too. Its a bit worse in reveres right then left.. Then when I go forward under normal acceleration I hear short vibe humm after driving about 30-40 feet.

Thanks everyone for your past information and for anyone that might have more insight into the vibration when I move in reverse.

Pete

Last edited by Heckle; 09-20-2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typos
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #138
Bullishbat

Well, a possibility regarding the problem of your steering wheel in reverse may have something to do with the power steering pump. Have you replaced any fluid in it ever, and if so are you SURE that you used the stuff marked as "for Honda?" Doesn't necessarily have to be Honda brand, but from my experience, using fluid that is not has a chance of actually shredding the entire power steering pump system.

Is there some way for you to have your power steering system looked at? What you are describing sounds kinda similar, though much quieter, to what happened to my old Accord when I had to replace that pump.
Bullishbat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #139
Heckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullishbat View Post
Well, a possibility regarding the problem of your steering wheel in reverse may have something to do with the power steering pump. Have you replaced any fluid in it ever, and if so are you SURE that you used the stuff marked as "for Honda?" Doesn't necessarily have to be Honda brand, but from my experience, using fluid that is not has a chance of actually shredding the entire power steering pump system.

Is there some way for you to have your power steering system looked at? What you are describing sounds kinda similar, though much quieter, to what happened to my old Accord when I had to replace that pump.

Just got this CT 2 months ago. It was Honda Certified. I haven't added anything except gas thus far. I will keep this in mind though.

Thanks!
Heckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #140
tmilliron

Default Recall is in effect Oct 2016

for some-for judder that has been happening for years- software fix or replacing bad torque converter -

Last edited by tmilliron; 10-25-2016 at 02:47 PM.
tmilliron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #141
krausmc

Default Warranty for "Judder"

I got a letter in the mail last week about this. Others did also. Check this thread

https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=16081
KB-017-08+Combo (front and rear)
19x8 TSW Mallory rims
Michelin Pilot Sport A/3 245/50/19 tires.
Brembo ceramic brake pads
Centric Cryo-Treated Rotors
krausmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #142
tmorriss

The Bomber,

New to the Forum!!

Can you post a link to the TSB 16-066 regarding "Judder"? I'm having difficulty finding the source data to show my dealer...they're pushing back.

I'm having the same issue...judder/flutter, minor power surges from zero to 45 MPH.

I have a 2013 2WD with 45K miles.

Thanks!
tmorriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #143
NeilLinden

Default Crosstour Shudder issue SOLVED

This will be of great interest if it has not already been solved. I would be shocked if this information is not readily available about the Honda Crosstour shudder.

I purchased a used 2013 Crosstour EXL 6 cyl 4WD in mid 2015.

I noticed a shudder accelerating around 25-35 mph after having the car a few days.
I mentioned it to the service adviser at the dealership (Bill Pearce Honda in Reno, NV 775 789-7999)). Initially he said he was completely unaware of such an issue.

A week later, however, when I was back for something else, he told me he found the service bulletin regarding that EXACT issue and that Honda was aware of a driveshaft problem on the Crosstour. My car had 42K miles but they replaced both axles N/C on Nov. 30, 2015 and the problem was completely solved. It drove so much better I could not believe it.

They should be able to look up the issue and find the bulletin for you.
I no longer own the vehicle (for unrelated reasons) but the service guy's name is Randy, my service invoice was 405986 and it was Bill Pearce Courtesy Honda in Reno, NV. (I would be glad to get anyone my VIN if necessary.)
NeilLinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #144
Arbelos

Had the same problem with my 2012 Crosstour V6 4WD.

They said the torque converter was bad-- changed it but the 'flutter/judder' was still there.

They said the drivers side axle was bad-- changed it but the 'flutter/judder' was still there.

They said the center axle was bad-- changed it but the 'flutter/judder' was still there.

Finally they changed the right side axle and all is well, smooth as silk again.

My car has 94,000 miles on it, but had the extended warranty to 100,000 miles so all the work was 'no charge'.
Arbelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #145
MarnieVan

Default Shudder at low speed

Hello,
I have a 2010 Crosstour and it does the same shudder/vibration thing between 20-25 MPG. I bought it used. The records show that the rotors had been resurfaces twice. My thought was is came from an area where they have snow and maybe the salt on the road caused an issue. Now I am wondering if the previous owner had the same issue. It is not consistent. Does Honda know the cause or am I going to need to pour money into the car?
MarnieVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:18 AM   #146
HondaCrTour2010

I was tormented with this problem for several years and found a solution. In my case, it had nothing to do with axis, tires, or brakes problems. The problem was solved by replacing Oil Pressure Switch # 37240-R70-A04. Good luck to all! Ready to answer any questions.
HondaCrTour2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #147
edubfromktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCrTour2010 View Post
I was tormented with this problem for several years and found a solution. In my case, it had nothing to do with axis, tires, or brakes problems. The problem was solved by replacing Oil Pressure Switch # 37240-R70-A04. Good luck to all! Ready to answer any questions.
Wow- that's something to keep in mind!

Thanks for posting about it.
edubfromktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #148
TyroneT

Have heard of this, and told it is normal, but haven't experienced it. Possibly try different tires/tread pattern.
TyroneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:59 PM   #149
Pretzel_Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCrTour2010 View Post
I just recently bought a 2010 and mine occasionally also has the 20-25 mph shudder. That oil pressure switch is a $10.00 part from Honda parts direct, worth a try for that price. I don't see how the oil pressure switch would cause that problem, seems more like a transmission issue but if it works for one person it might work for another.
Pretzel_Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:39 AM   #150
HondaCrTour2010

You are absolutely right - what works for one may work for another. But there is still a connection between the shudder and the sensor's work. It works like this. Jitter is the result of the ECU working when it receives different readings from two oil pressure sensors (ideally, they should be the same and be in a certain range). The ECU decides to turn on the VCM system and deactivate one or more cylinders in these driving conditions or to completely turn off the system and go into emergency engine operation. This is simplified, there are much more conditions and sensors involved in this process, but these oil pressure sensors play a role in this orchestra. During operation, these sensors may fail partially or completely and may give incorrect values ​​and their replacement, simply returns the state of the system to its original position. For those who want to check their effect on the VCM system, you can disconnect the contact from any of the sensors and the engine will go into emergency operation mode and you will receive an error code about incorrect operation and deactivation of the VCM system. We cannot rewrite the control algorithms of the ECU, but we can influence its operation in this way. Thus, for me, this problem is caused by an attempt to turn off one or more cylinders at this moment on the basis of incorrect readings of the oil pressure sensors, which causes jitter. Indeed, with more aggressive acceleration or a greater load on the engine, this does not happen. I am not a developer of codes for Honda and this is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by HondaCrTour2010; 11-05-2019 at 09:57 AM.
HondaCrTour2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement