Accidental project - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Appearance / Body Modifications

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
TwentyFifteen

Default Accidental project

Early this AM, I thought it'd be a good idea to pop the lower front splash panel off to see if the grill cross bars and H were accessible/removable without popping the bumper cover off. Turns out the cross bars are attached with 3 - T12 Torx. Unfortunately while I was checking things out from underneath, the Torx socket & bit spun out of my fingers. I heard it hit metal but there was no finding it.

Long story short, off came the cover. Found the socket perched on the bumper absorber, just under the bottom lip of the grill. Now I know the H is held in place by a pair of those $#%@ one way retainers pushed over studs molded into back side. There is no way to get those things off without breaking the studs, so if someone wants to de-chrome the H, they gotta do it in place.

Anywho.... this wasn't on the agenda today, but you gotta play the hand you're dealt. As long as the cover is off, I broke out the plasti-dip and went to town. The idea was to tone down the chrome and satin silver trim in the middle & under driving lights. This was the first time using "metalizer".

I soon learned adding metalizer to the newly coated black over chrome and the newly coated grey over satin turned them into very similar colors by lightening the black and darkening the grey. Not exactly what I thought but its nice

Something went wonky with the phone cam, I lost a bunch of images during the process, sorry about that. Here's what was salvaged.

First coat of metalizer over black:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metalizer.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	8445

The photo doesn't really show the metal effect but it's there. Pretty nice really.

All back together. Personally, I like retaining the chrome grill surround, blending with the headlights - while the black and grey tone down the original front end flash.

Name:	TonedDown.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	8447
TwentyFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

The contrast is very nice!
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
CTownerinCT

Nicely Done! thanks for sharing. I may have to do the same on my 2015 as well.
CTownerinCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
LL12656

Wow, impressive look.
LL12656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Sixer

Default Custom Front End

I've done some custom upgrades on mine as well...I love this car and it's a keeper for sure. I also customized the rear end as well. I've been really pleased of the comments I get and also the looks I get from people who don't know what kind of a car it is.

However, the very best thing I have done to my Crosstour was applying Opti-Coat Ceramic Coating on my paint. It's the best money you would ever spend on any car. It's truly Amazing. My car doesn't look like a 2010!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3478.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	8457   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3479.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	8459   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3480.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	8461  
Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:20 AM   #6
TwentyFifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixer View Post
I've done some custom upgrades on mine as well...I love this car and it's a keeper for sure. I also customized the rear end as well. I've been really pleased of the comments I get and also the looks I get from people who don't know what kind of a car it is.

However, the very best thing I have done to my Crosstour was applying Opti-Coat Ceramic Coating on my paint. It's the best money you would ever spend on any car. It's truly Amazing. My car doesn't look like a 2010!
Sweet looking CT. Nice work!
TwentyFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #7
Pagan Wizard

Quote:

I love the way that grill turned out.
Pagan Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
Busaboyjd

Quote:

This looks great! You did a fantastic job. What kind of headlight assemblies did you buy? Are they total LED?
Busaboyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement