2014 Crosstour Transmission Fluid Service Schedule - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Maintenance

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
timothy3franklin

Default 2014 Crosstour Transmission Fluid Service Schedule

I have a 2014 Crosstour EX-L, I4 that we bought new that now has just over 32,000 miles. The last oil change (one week ago) and when we took it in last autumn for the airbag recall the dealer advised that the transmission fluid should be replaced.
This appears to be a sealed system as there is no fill tube/dip stick for transmission fluid under the hood. I had been told in the past that such systems are good for 100,000 miles before fluids need to be changed. We live and drive in Florida so no hills, no towing, absolutely no adverse driving conditions.
The Honda maintenance minder information that I can find online and the owner manual are vague on this subject.
Should I have the transmission fluid replaced or is the dealer just trying to maximize profits by doing an unnecessary service? What is the actual maintenance schedule?

Last edited by timothy3franklin; 07-05-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: mis-typed word
timothy3franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

According to my owners manual the automatic transmission fluid should be changed in accordance with the Maintenance Minder (Page 331 of my owners manual). If you get a Maintenance Sub Item number of 3, that would mean: Replace transmission and transfer fluid (4wd only). This info is for a 2012 Crosstour. Check your specific manual, but is should be the same. Yes the system is sealed. Often dealers are "Eager" to do maintenances even when they are not due. I changed my own transmissin fluid as it is actually very easy to do.
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement