Crosstour Vibration / Flutter 20 - 25 mph - Page 2 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
Clarke

Wow, it sound like your shudder/wobble is worse than mine!

I plan to go back to the dealer again, but am not hopeful. Especially if they might make it worse!

Please post any updates you have with your car.

I am very dissapointed with Honda, but my old Hondas were great.

Last edited by Clarke; 05-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
PattyBags

I had a similar problem with my Acura, it needed new tranny fluid.
PattyBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
michia

I just bought a 2011 CT that is brand new and I have the 25 MPH shudder. My dealer is agrees that it is there and is about to start on the wheel balancing and all the other things that don't apparently work. Did anyone find a solution?
michia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
lneil06

Default Severe shudder

On our 2010 Crosstour my neighbor and I poppsed the hook, drove up an incline - at 22-23mph you can see the entire engine shaking extremely hard. Just have to figure out how to get it recorded and post it.

If you step on the gas hard - the engine doesn't shake, but if you step on the gas pedal under normal accelleration on flat or slight incline - the gas pedal shakes hard, floors shake, and so on.

It's amazing and scarey - that I'm afraid something under the hood is going to come loose and put my family at risk.
lneil06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
lneil06

Angry Engine Shake

Latest update - on our 2010 Honda Crosstour

To date - Dealer has replaced or swapped out and tried. Front Axles/CV joints, Computer, Tires and Rims, shutting down VCM, road force balanced all the wheels several times, and still no improvements

Honda flew in a National Service Technician -
Replaced a second set of Front Axles/CV joints, replaced the torque converter - Improvement at 22mph, bad thing the vibration at 68-72 mph is worse. More noticeable cruising or going down any hills - entire interior shakes at times. If you exceed 75 it goes away..

When I picked it up - the gas tank was empty - I dropped it off with a half tank in it..

Not a Happy Honda owner !
lneil06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
chefmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lneil06 View Post
Latest update - on our 2010 Honda Crosstour

Not a Happy Honda owner !
I don't blame you, I would be too

chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #22
davyboy

I heard from a honda internal source that they are aware of a half shaft premature wear problem that will cause the vibration issue.
Due to the ride height and improper design angle of shafts.
Supposedly at 12,000 to 14,000 km's.
Lowering it a bit may actually help to align the shafts and may reduce the wear issue.
That last sentence being more of a question than statement.
davyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
ogbatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I heard from a honda internal source that they are aware of a half shaft premature wear problem that will cause the vibration issue.
Due to the ride height and improper design angle of shafts.
Supposedly at 12,000 to 14,000 km's.
Lowering it a bit may actually help to align the shafts and may reduce the wear issue.
That last sentence being more of a question than statement.
Makes sense. I have the 2012 V6 with only 1500miles I will look out for the vibration.

But on a side note my dads Buick used to do the samething found out it was the engine and trans mounts.
ogbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
Mr. Grumpy

from the get go I knew that I did not have your shake, bit I do have some, however it's not dependent on anything specific to cause it. It was at speed, took it in because it felt like a wheel balance problem. They ended up turning the rotors and said it was fixed. The shake is still there but now it is mainly at 65-75mph, when I decelerate or when going slightly down hill. I plan on taking it in again because it does feel like a wheel is out of balance... But, it is not to the degree you all describe.. Keep us posted...
Mr. Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #25
Honda Everything

I've had flutter at 20-25 mph for a while, but now i have ritmic noise from the wheels (sounds like tires out of balance or wheel bearing problem). I had my tires balanced every 6 K. Car has 23600 mi.
Honda Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
Army Dad

I really have not experienced any vibration but the '10 CT 28k miles developed a strong 'heavy grease' smell emitting from the right wheel well about a month ago. Car runs fine, no shake or wobble. Had Honda check it out yesterday and they replaced the half shaft on the right side citing that they observed a fluid leak. Still rides fine but when I got it home and in the garage the odor was as strong as ever.

Will bring it back probably next week
2012 Ridgeline RTL/ w Navi
Army Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
Honda Everything

It looks that everything posted in this thread connects to another topic on the forum about bad design of front suspention, and, i think maybe front differential (CT has two). I think so because my tecnitian said that when he replased fluid in it at 15K, fluid was abnormaly dirty (black) but no metal shawings (thank God). Any thouts?
Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #28
Shannon_ VA

Default 22 MPG Shudder Fix

Had the same shudder as described in a 2012 AWD 6cylinder. So subtle I didn't notice first 3 months and was using more accelerator too.

Took into dealer who drove it around to service area and came then came out and told me within 10 minutes that they needed to replace the front right drive shaft. They said they had customer with same problem before and took them a lot of time to find solution.

Keeping in mind the problem is subtle, I think they at least made it better. It's improved enough that I'm not going to take the time to take it back and say it's not totally fixed.

The ticket I received for the work lists parts as:

1 - 44305 - TP6-APPRM: Drive Shaft Assy, Warranty
1 - 44305 - TP-AOORM: Core Return, Warranty
1 - 90305=S3V-A11: Nut, Spindle, Warranty

Just noticed they charged me for Hazardous Waste Remove $.35 and Shop Supplies of $5.16! Not happy and they're going to here about it.

Shannon
Shannon_ VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #29
Honda Everything

Took my CT in today about flutter and "woop woop" sound comming from the front tires. Dealer check it out and is replasing wheel bering and CV joint (dont remamber what side, will update).
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #30
ogbatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Everything View Post
It looks that everything posted in this thread connects to another topic on the forum about bad design of front suspention, and, i think maybe front differential (CT has two). I think so because my tecnitian said that when he replased fluid in it at 15K, fluid was abnormaly dirty (black) but no metal shawings (thank God). Any thouts?
If its black that means there is alot of heat building up and maybe some boiling.
ogbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement