Moonroof wind deflector - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Appearance / Body Modifications

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #1
Quinn Martin

Default Moonroof wind deflector

What is the consensus on those moonroof shields? Do they ruin the molding or leak. Are they worth it? Which one is the best? Thanks!
Quinn Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Brizzzey

I don't have one on my 2010, car didn't come with one. I had one come with my old 2007 Honda Accord V6 EX and never had any issue with it deforming the molding or causing a leak. Was the OEM part on the 07
Brizzzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
2013ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn Martin View Post
What is the consensus on those moonroof shields? Do they ruin the molding or leak. Are they worth it? Which one is the best? Thanks!
I've had one on my previous car (not ct) I had one from weathertech and it worked well, had it on for 4 years the rubber gasket warped in places by the end but not noticeable. the only problem is in a car wash anything under it does't get much love lol. So you'd want to clean the sunroof by hand. Also, when i took it off the difference in paint color was really noticeable under the gasket vs. the rest of the car, but i parked the car outside 375 days per year so no big surprise.
There are a million different options in that department and i don't think there are huge differences between them. I would get one with not drilling or gluing installation that way it can be removed if needed.
On a similar note. has anyone seen side window deflectors that install inside the window channel for 2013 ct?
2013ct is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
Lee

Mine has the sun roof shield and I really like it. There are no leaks and the sunroof works great. I'm not sure but I believe it is a Honda product, I'll check and post a couple pics in the near future, to dark out now.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
Slightshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ct View Post
On a similar note. has anyone seen side window deflectors that install inside the window channel for 2013 ct?

I run the in-channel WeatherTech deflectors on my 2012 on the fronts and love them. No tape or clips, tension fit was a little tight to get them in, follow the instructions and it's actually pretty easy. It took a little hand helping rolling the windows up the first time. After a day they settled into the gasket and the windows work properly, auto up/down works as intended. No noticable wind noise on the highway. They don't interfere with my sightlines. I can crack the windows about 2" in a medium rain and none of it gets in the car.

I didn't install the rears because they use tape and they're prone to falling off over time.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
2013ct

Thanks for the info, Shadow!
2013ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
Msalmondine

I had one installed aftermarket on my 211 CT, however I specifically ordered it OEM from Honda. I had the car for 3 years and never had a problem with warping or leaking, however I never had it removed because when I installed it I did it with the mind that it would be permanent. I now have a 215 CT that does not have a sunroof sheild and I absolutely hate the noise without it , so I intend to get another so I can enjoy my sunroof the way that I used to.
Msalmondine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement