Roof box and mods - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Appearance / Body Modifications

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
Lexator

Default Roof box and mods

Hello everyone! I've owned and loved Audi wagons/hatchbacks for the last 3 decades. My wife finally said enough with the ridiculous maintenance costs. Enter my 'new' CT. 2013 with 20k on it. So far I'm truly thrilled and look forward to handing this down to my son in 9 years. Ok, enough backstory. I saved the sportrack roof box from my Allroad and will put it up on the CT, but from what I've seen roof boxes look tilted back on top on our cars. It's this just due to the nature of how the roof line slants back or is it not that bad? The OEM rack looks reeeeaaally high so I will go with aftermarket load bars. Thoughts on the angle anyone?

My second project will be a hitch. Thank you everyone who have posted info on this topic. I will go withthe ecohitch hidden hitch with a 2" receiver. To add more cargo space I am considering adding hitch cargo carrior that is enclosed. I'm looking at the Thule Transporter Combi and the Rola tilting enclosure. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Light bar. I'm considering installing a 12" ligjt bar under the bottom of the roof box. Anyone have a light bar and how you installed it?

Many thanks.
Lexator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
CrazyIvan

I have a set of Thule bars I plan on using this winter for skis. And a motion xt Alpine box. It looks much better than I originally thought. Once I get home I'll post pictures.

I've also installed the 2" eco hitch. Install took less that 45 monutes. Trimming a small section of the bumper is necessary as is using 2 different pop rivets.
CrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Brizzzey

Hey so I can talk on most of these points based on my 2010:

Roof wise I have thule feet and wingbar cross bars for easy c-channel use, for a note thule will reccomend their second-longest bar for the crosstour but I have the longest one they make and it works great. Speaking on the tilt angle topic, I have a Rhino-Rack pioneer rack (flat rack) to mount items on. The way I have everything setup it does tilt back ever so slightly but I have no issues with it. I probably could slide by rear crossbar forward to get rid of the tilt but have not bothered with it.

Hitch wise I have the same ecohitch hidden hitch 2" receive from etrailer.com. It was easy to install in less than a hour and I haven't had to deal with it since, it just hangs low so it hurts the rear clearance and departure angle of the car. I can't tell you anything about an enclosed cargo carrier on the hitch, just will warn you that anything out of that hitch makes the car very long.

Light bar wise, I have a 20" that I was going to install but now I'm going to sell it to get ditch lights attached with custom brackets from a buddy that makes brackets for Foresters and Crosstreks. Eventually might get smaller light bars to install into the grill but that's a bit out right now.
Brizzzey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
Lexator

Thanks Brizzzey. Much appreciated!
Lexator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement