Best Phone Compatibility 2015 w/Nav - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > In Car Tech Gear

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
mtnman

Default Best Phone Compatibility 2015 w/Nav

Hello Crosstour Owners,

Which older phone supported by Verizon will work best with the Bluetooth for full compatibility? I have an Iphone7 with IOS 12.4.1 and even with previous IOS versions have never had full compatibility so I am willing to change to an older phone in order to see email and texts on the vehicle screen while driving along with phone book, recent calls...etc.
I have Verizon as a provider. 2015 CT AWD, V6 w/Nav.
Thanks for listening
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
timothy3franklin

Default Best Phone Compatibility 2015 w/Nav

I don't think the problem is with your phone. I have a 2014 EXL w/Nav. Have used iPhone 5, 7 and now XR. The bluetooth system that Honda has on the cars with NAV is horrendous. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the bluetooth to stop working. I can be driving and streaming music via bluetooth then stop for gas and when I turn the car back on the bluetooth does not work. It says that it is connected but no sound plays through the system. Sometimes turning the system off and then back on will re-set the bluetooth. Other times it does not. Switching to iPod mode for a while will sometimes allow the bluetooth to re-set and other times it does not. The firmware of this radio sucks, plain and simple. We bought the car new and it has always been an issue.
This alone is frustrating enough to prevent me from buying another Honda.
timothy3franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
MForeman8500

Hi! I have a 2010 w/Navi and have a Samsung S10+. I don't prefer to use it all of the time but when I have, I've never had an issue with clarity or dropped calls.
MForeman8500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
2013ct

I don't think that the kind of phone matters. It could be that you need to give permissions to your BT connectivity app in iPhone to allow text/email. It is a very un-secure setting and might be turned off on newer phones, by default. However, I've never had an iPhone, so it's mostly a guess but might be worth checking out before changing phones

Last edited by 2013ct; 10-03-2019 at 12:55 PM.
2013ct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
FormerSuzukiGuy

Hi! I have a '12 CT no Nav.

I use an HTC Evo 4G LTE, Android.
I have had problems with the BT Linking with my phone. I thought I had figured it out but was mistaken. I have pulled over and shut off the car to get it to link. It is so frustrating. The BT quality sucks. I do not know whether it is the phone or the CT. I have had dropped calls, again could be the CT or the Cell towers. The phone is on borrowed time and will be replaced in the near future.

My understanding is the systems were designed to be iPhone compatible and Android usable. I have often thought I would have less problems if I used an iPhone. There goes that idea.

Best of luck.
FormerSuzukiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement