Who's the typical Crosstour Owner - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:52 AM   #1
ivanoski

Lightbulb Who's the typical Crosstour Owner

What comes to you mind as the typical crosstour owner, I was discussing with some friends this and we were having trouble pinpointing who the typical owner is. What do you guys think?
ivanoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Ohrichie

Someone who wants an auto that's a cut above and enjoys driving ?
70 yrs old.
Ohrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
duke111

37 y/o married with 2 kids here, just purchased. Wanted a V6 4WD with good mileage, luxury interior, safety/functionality and good looks for reasonable price without compromising on reliability that comes with Honda.
Recently drove a ~90 mile stretch in Carolinas and had a mileage of 32.9 (a/c off after half way).
Previously had
2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD
2005 CRV LX
1998 Hyundai Elantra
duke111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2015, 12:51 PM   #4
edubfromktown

I see a wide variety of drivers in them.

I am middle age man with teen+ kids and wanted to be able carry stuff including bicycles.

A quiet ride was one of my top requirements.
edubfromktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
DalTee

I'm 46, 6'3" with an athletic football players build. Empty nester, Mid Career in Market Management and I drive a lot for work. I need V6, AWD (for CT winter driving) luxury, but still wants a sporty feel. Vehicle must be professional looking without that Subaru Soccer mom look.

I need the vehicle to be sporty, professional, and able to be dressed up and down as I can wear a suit and hit the gym in the same day. For me, the CrossTour offers it all.
DalTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #6
krausmc

I'm 42, married with kid, east coast. Cyclist, racks on top etc. Need room for family trips or for bike races. Funny thing, I most commonly see elder empty nester types driving them, including my Aunt.
krausmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #7
ivanoski

31 , single, I love Sedans, and suv, wanted something reliable and cheap to maintain but powerful and good looking. The CT is the best of both worlds. I love how it looks and how it drives. Its a sexy sporty boat suv slash hatchback thing and I love it.

Any young people around here?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Jtskee

36, married w/ 2 young kids, the CT is product of downsizing after we sold our boat and did not need the large SUV anymore. It's a good mix of sporty and utility, and it's a Honda.
Jtskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #9
cstu93

I'm 22... no kids but I do have two large pups. I chose the CT for its uniqueness. I see at least 15 accords every day... the CT, at most 3.
2003 Hummer H2 Competition Yellow
Garage Queens:
1990 Lexus LS 400 Cobalt Blue
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D Topaz Brown

Previous:
2014 Lincoln MKZ-TRADED
2009 Honda Civic-TRADED
2002 Mazda Millenia-SOLD
1995 Jeep Cherokee-SOLD
1998 Mazda 626- TOTALED
cstu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
pshivers

It's looking like all ages and "Types" choose the Crosstour, I think CT ownership is based on ones need more than anything else...

I'm 62, retired Computer Programmer for three years now, empty nest (sort of), our six children tend to move in and out still as needs arise.... I'm a BIG guy @ 6'5" and a few too many pounds right now. I also had just had a a Total Knee Replacement when I purchased my CT in 2013 I am dealing still with the other knee going bad, (A bit too many miles running long distance and playing Basketball I think), so the CT's slightly higher stance has really helped with exit and entry chores.

The interior is spacious and comfortable for my size and my 5' nothing spouse is also very comfortable in the car. The CT has plenty of power, decent gas mileage and the hatchback design gives me the flexibility of hauling cargo for Home repair/gardening duties without the bulk of a SUV/Pickup. The CT is quite stylish wihout looking like every other car on the road, and it's a reliable Honda!
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #11
tfrogh

I am a mid-40s guy no kids. I see mostly men driving them here in Central Maryland. It seems to be a popular dad car. Most of the guys I see look like my demographic.

I bought it for the versatility. Our other car is a Benz coupe and not very useful beyond carting the two of us someplace.

I moved to a from a Subaru. I loved my Subie, but my knee fell out of love with a clutch. Subie moved to CVTs so I moved to Honda. What a step-up in refinement.
tfrogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #12
Barttrab

I am 64, retired and live in a climate with a lot of snow.......I was tired of driving Truck Type SUV's, wanted a Sedan with V6 and AWD....................Considered a number of different makes, but I just kept coming back to the CT..........I haven't been sorry, it rides great, looks great and was excellent on the snow last winter....Add to that decent gas milage and the fact that it uses regular gas.......
Barttrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:18 AM   #13
jim price

85, wife is 83 we bought it because we liked it's looks and how it drove.
jim price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #14
25 Year Honda Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim price View Post
85, wife is 83 we bought it because we liked it's looks and how it drove.
Just a youngster here at 77, I like the CT because us older folks can get in and out so much better. After 16 months of CT ownership, still liking it. Highly upset that the CT is being discontinued as I like to trade every 2/3 years.
25 Year Honda Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #15
ivanoski

I saw all the Comercials regarding crosstour on YouTube and there was something in common writing them, Honda already asked themselves this question and found our that their main demographic is 35+ crowd, due to the crosstour's size and price. also this segment is very competitive with people having a choice of full size suv and full size sedans, the crosstour is a very niche market, for a very specific customer. blame the way they marketed the car but as an early 30 's owner I found the sedan and suv Mashup hard to beat. the love I have for this car is indescribable and my friends will never understand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement