Painted brake calipers black - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Appearance / Body Modifications

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
JubileeJack

Default Painted brake calipers black

Painted brake callipers black (wanted a certain shade of burned metallic orange as my CT is black but was unable to fond that shade, and I hate red OE brake callipers - just look at a VW GTI, it looks horrid, that Golf deserves bigger brakes). Process was easy but PITA as I first removed all rust/crud/dirt using 3 different types of wire brushes attached to my drill. Washed the calipers with a caliper cleaners, masked all parts I did not want painted, and finally proceeded to painting. Full day 's work for all 4 corners.

I did this as I was unable to find a big brake kit what would also accommodate my 17" winter rims so I was forces to leave my OE brakes. Next time I will just buy a new set of OE callipers, powder coat them myself (thereby allowing for a wider variety of colours and shades), and have Honda install them.

JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
1_Hot_Crosstour

Pic? How did they turn out in the end? Mine are starting to rust in certain spots and thought about painting them.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
JubileeJack

The only pic I can upload is the same one as above and blow it up. IMO, they turned out good, no overspray, no missed spots, and no rust since they were painted. My wheels receive lots of water daily as my sprinkler goes on daily for a good 30min. The rotors show some rust spots after lots of rain (normal) but not the calipers...and yes, I am obsessed about my lawn.

JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Popurhedoff

I did the same a few weeks ago. My car had sat for 10 months and I was not suprised at the rust on the calipers, hubs and rotors. I removed the rust with various wire wheels, masked and painted the parts.

Popurhedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
dtexan

I can't believe how small the rotors are on these cars.
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
CC816

I changed the rear pads on my CT not too long ago. While I was at it I bought rear pads for my wife's Element. Other than a small metal clip and a 15$ price difference they were identical.
CC816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
durment

That looks good my car is black with black wheels ,Im gonna do that .Can I steal ur idea?
durment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
L8Apex

I think that black is the only choice if you are going to change from the OEM color. I would not want to see the world's ugliest calipers in any other color. Somebody at Honda must have spent weeks designing the most ugly line of calipers in the auto industry. Geez........
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
shreddr

are big brake kits available for the CT? I have the HFP 19" wheels
shreddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement