Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Auto lights do not turn off during the day

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  FormerSuzukiGuy 
#1 ·
So I recently noticed on my 2014 CT that the auto lights do not turn off while under the sun, they stay on all day. Has anyone ran into this issue and if so what could be the problem?

#4 ·
Dtrl

DayTime Running Lights should be on during the day... on my 2012 the highbeams are used in a dimmed mode as DayTime Running Lights . The highbeam indicator should be dimly illuminated on the dash while they are on.

If you lowbeam headlights are on all day, you may have an issue with the sensor on the dash.

#6 ·
Guys,
I've had problems with my 2012's Auto Headlights. They Flash on & off day or night. I was having people flash their highs at me & I couldn't figure out why. Then I was following some random car & I saw the reflection of my headlight flashing. So then I turned on my "Fog Lamps" so I would have a better indication than the pictographs for HL modes. I then knew that they were messed up. I tried to find a wiring diagram to trace out the circuit, but couldn't find one. I did just order factor service manuals. Hopefully I'll figure it out. I have been using the head lights in the ON position since. It has been a task to try to remember after not doing it for 11 years.

I bought a 04 Suzuki XL-7 in 07. It had AutoHLs, worked flawlessly. After my son customized it (read, totaled) I bough an 08 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Again had AutoHLs, worked no problem. Last fall I buy a 12 Crosstour, and it doesn't work.

On a side note I was a Toyota Master Tech for almost 10 years and specialized in electrical. I only ever saw HL problems involving bulbs and stalk switches. I do not remember anyone having an AutoHL problem.

Will post if I figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.