Tail Light Bulb Access - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour How-To

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #1
CorvairJim

Unhappy Tail Light Bulb Access

The right taillight bulb in my wife's Crosstour recently went out - both the taillight and brake light functions. I'd like to get into it to change the bulb, but I can't figure out how to get in there to do it. I'm new to Crosstour ownership (late July), so I'm new to all this. I'm used to simple cars from the 1960's, not modern machinery. OK, I have a Chevy Cobalt SS as a daily driver, but I can pretty well handle everything on that car. Light bulbs are no problem, a couple of screws and I'm there. I can't find any screws to take out to get into the taillight housing, either inside the car or in the lens. I don't like my wife driving with a tail light out, so any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
CorvairJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
2013ct

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2...hts/tail_light
you might have to watch some commercials before the actual how-to, but it looks straight forward
2013ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Msalmondine

Ohhhh, good luck with that. Granted this statement is coming from a female with very little patience, but I changed the bulbs in my 2011 CT and swore that I would never ever do that again. They put it in such a painful place to reach that I decided it was worth the money just to let Honda do it next time. But honestly I can say that I had my Crosstour for at least three years before I had to change the bulbs , so they do last a long time 😉
Msalmondine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
Jennifer

Default Tail/Brake Light

I just did mine this weekend. The right one had gone out and I got a bulb thinking it would be a matter of just reaching inside. Turns out it was a matter of two screws after popping out the covers. Then I used an ID lanyard to work behind the lens closest to the side rear door. Once it got to the pin a gentle tug released the assembly and I was able to change the bulb and press it all back together.
Here's a video.

If you think to change the bulb in a Crosstour is hard, research replacing the headlight bulb in a Prius.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement