S-vcm - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Engine Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Pretzel_Logic

Default S-vcm

I'm new to this forum and new to owning a 2010 Crosstour. I knew one of the first things I wanted to do was disable VCM. I was looking at other vehicles that use a similar technology, dropping cylinders to save fuel and it never clicked with me as far as being a good idea.

Anyway, I am trying to purchase the S-VCM, and I'm saying trying to but wonder how legit this company is. They took my money but won't reply that the order has been received after trying 2 times to contact them. After looking over the website again they don't have an actual phone number for a contact. It seems many people have been satisfied with the product but I'm about ready to contact my credit card to get the money back somehow or another.

Any thoughts?
Pretzel_Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
Pretzel_Logic

Apparently this company or user/maker of parts doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions on what other products to disable VCM are available and better than the rest?
Old 08-10-2019, 03:17 AM   #3
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I've been using a VCMuzzler II for the last year or more. Very happy with it. I am aware that S-VCM has had customer service problems and such for quite some time. Hard to say which is better as they both do their job pretty good. Most Honda/Acura people go with VCMuzzler only because it's been around the longest. You can find used on Ebay or other places for discounted prices. I would stay away from the home made kits that supposedly does what VCMuzzler does. I've heard nightmare stories about people who wanted to save a few dollars and ruined the electronics on their car with a home made kit.
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
CrosstourNM

Default s-vcm customer service

I was contemplating purchasing the s-vcm device but I had some questions I wanted answers to. I sent several email messages to the s-vcm website but never received the courtesy of a response. Based on the non-response, I did not place an order. There have obviously been some satisfied customers, but clearly customer service is not a priority, which is usually a warning sign. I'm a bit reluctant to purchase the passive system and to date I have not had any issues with oil consumption on my 2012 @ 50K miles. If you do receive the s-vcm system, please let us know how it performs.
CrosstourNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
Pretzel_Logic

I just received my S-VCM, the guy never replied to my inquiries so I wonder if ordering through the website works but he doesn't get email through it. Kinda weird but I'm glad I didn't try to stop payment on my card. I ordered it on the 2nd so 10 days. Problem is I already ordered a Muzzler II but I'll just have it as a backup I suppose, or try them both and see how they compare.

Edit: He does have an Ebay page as well that I saw after the fact, wonder if that works as far as inquiries go.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #6
CrosstourNM

Glad you received your device and please let us know your thoughts after you have tried it out.
CrosstourNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #7
Pretzel_Logic

I put the S-VCM in today as I had the afternoon off, pretty simple install to say the least. I only had a chance to take it for a short 1/2 hour drive but considering it's hot today where I live in Chicagoland it got up to temp pretty quick and not once did the Eco light come on. The gauge did show it running a little cooler which it should have but what the actual temps were can't be told from the gauge. I drive a van for work so am not in the Honda much during the week. I'm going to take it for a few more drives after work this week to make sure everything is good then take it on the highway to my kids homes this weekend, will post more later.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #8
Quinn Martin

Default S-vcm ignorance

This is the first Ive heard about this. Can anyone send me a link so I can get up to speed on this. Does this s-vmc discussion apply to 20015s? Thanx
Quinn Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #9
2013ct

https://www.svcmcontroller.com/

Don't expect a reply from the message thing they have on the site. :^)
2013ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #10
likwid02

I have had the S-VCM installed on my 2010 Crosstour for about a year now. I had asked for confirmation that the order was received and I did get an email right away from the seller. I was worried that I had just thrown money into the ether but to my great relief, the unit arrived after a couple of weeks.
Installation was easy and there were instructions included. The only thing I did extra was install an inline fuse on the battery wire. Just not comfortable direct wiring something to the battery without a fuse.
The unit has worked flawlessly for me for a year now. I commute about 2 hours a day with my car and I think the ECO light has only come on once and that was in a traffic jam with stop and go traffic for 2 hrs one day. The temp gauge shows one notch lower than before. No silly ECO light on everyday.
The best part is the smooth acceleration now. If feels like a different car. That stumbling it did shutting down cylinders drove me nuts. And it doesn't use oil anymore either. I used to have to add a liter of oil every 3-4 weeks, now it doesn't use a drop between oil changes. I also changed my spark plugs right after as I have had fouling problems in the past.
Hope this helps.
likwid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
hamio

Default S-VCM was a good purchase

I installed the S-VCM several months ago after having the cylinder rings redone on my 2012 CT. The repair was performed by the dealer under Honda warranty. Anyway, the S-VCM has been working as advertised. Simple installation, engine runs fine, no problems and no ECO mode. Gas mileage impact was almost unnoticeable in my case.

After placing my order I did not receive any notification from the vendor. It showed up about 7 - 10 days later.
hamio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #12
klapa

Thanks for this thread! I recently had the rings done under warranty for my 2011 Crosstour and decided to install this device. I just ordered it last night (Thursday) and did get an immediate email acknowledgement of the order from the seller saying the order would be shipped out today (Friday).
klapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement