Aircon not working - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour How-To

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
monzas

Default Aircon not working

I need help.. Driving back from MI my aircon started acting weird. It would kick on then it would stop then it would kick back in for a bit.. I also noticed it felt like the engin is searching when the aircon kicks in. I pulled it in my garage and checked the Aircon. I had to fill it up as it was pretty low. Now it shows that it is filled up, but the engine is still searching.. Feels like a hybrid system. and by that i mean that when the aircon kicks in the engine refs up for a bit and then the refs drops and the aircon does not blow cold air..
monzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Without specific inside and outside temperatures and high and low gauge readings we would only be guessing.

If your shop filled your A/C system, that obviously infers there was a leak. What did they do to repair the leak?
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
Lee

Mine was completely replaced under warranty last summer, check that it may still be covered, I have a 2011.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
ColoradoNordic

Default Air flow

This may not have been your issue, but I'm posting because others may encounter at some point. I have a 2011 EXL AWD V6 (now with about 70K miles), and when traveling across the country in June 2015, my AC quit working about the time I hit the hot and humid southeast. I was able to cruise into a Honda dealer around closing time and they checked the system out. Lo and behold, they correctly diagnosed (after checking all the mechanical parts and pieces) that I had blocked (with boxes and clothing) the air flow (intake) on the passenger front side, which resulted in system malfunction. I'm 98% certain this was the issue, and have never had a problem since then. Have fun. And don't drive like my brother!
ColoradoNordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #5
Jennifer

Default AC issues

I'm not sold on that being the problem. There is another thread on here about the same issue. I have now experienced it three times. All three times are on long drives with no breaks. The first two were consistant location, temperature, and distance driven. This weekend I was in 90-degree temps and in the Mississippi Delta. Those vents were not covered and my air filters are new.
In all three of my cases, I turned the AC off and ran vent for as long as I could stand it. Then I hit that auto button and it was blowing cold air again. I honestly believe it has to do with low coolant. Either way, it is not my experience with Honda AC (this is my 3rd Honda).

I have an appointment with my service center for Friday, May 17 (under Carmax warranty). I need this Honda to be a fridge on wheels like the other two were.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #6
Jennifer

So I responded to the other thread with the results of today's visit so I thought I would here also.

The outcome of today's visit was ordering a new expansion valve. It seems everyone has gotten a different answer to the same complaint.
I should have my Crosstour back on Tuesday and will make a drive to Savannah in June. I plan to not stop going there and will do the same on my return drive to see if that fixed the issue.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement