Hey friends! - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > New Member introduction

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
Kanji

Default Hey friends!

Hello I've lurked on and off on this Board for a while. I purchased my 2011 Accord CrossTour EX-L last year in April 2018. I have been on the fence about keeping it, I do really enjoy the car though. Don't get me wrong, I love my CrossTour. I purchased a 1 One Owner EX-L in Crystal Black Pearl with barely 60,000 miles clocked on the odometer. Instantly fell in love with the car once I took it home for the weekend. Recently I have been having thoughts about modifying my CrossTour. So I figured I would make a post to introduce myself.

I am ashamed to say I do not have many pictures of my CrossTour. Here is pretty much the only one I have. lol
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 AM   #2
carid
Supporting Vendor

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase! You've made a great choice. Make sure to show us more pictures, when you have a chance. What are your plans for this beauty?

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
carid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Kanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by carid View Post
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase! You've made a great choice. Make sure to show us more pictures, when you have a chance. What are your plans for this beauty?
Thanks for the welcome. My plans are rather basic, 2019 19" Accord Sport Wheels, window tint, HFP front spoiler, and lower it a little[or a lot], maybe some rain guards, and a sunroof visor

I am a little disappointed in the limited options we have when it comes to suspension mods. Not something I am unfamiliar with as I always tend to pick up the odd ball cars with little to no aftermarket support. The last car I had with this limited aftermarket support was my 1991 Acura Legend. Which for whatever reason the CT really reminds me of, probably cause its a land yacht like the Legend.

I am leaning toward air ride to lower my CT, since it is my daily driver. I have had coilovers on many of my other rides and I feel like I am just getting too old to deal with the harsh ride that coilovers provide anymore.

I am mostly unsure what kit would be a direct fit, if there is even one available. I have read that the same model year Accord suspension parts are pretty much direct fit. I've also read about some guys using TL parts on their CT's. Just haven't really found much info reguarding TL Air Ride kits being a direct fit.. Although I have cross referenced parts number via Honda's Parts Catalog and the springs and struts part numbers vary a little. Yet seem to have the same design.

There I went rambling... Hope I can contribute some useful info to The Forum. I am a former Automotive Technician of about 8 years.

Last edited by Kanji; 05-03-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
Lee

Welcome Kanji, I have the same year and color as yours and I love it!
I have tinted my windows already and put the sunroof deflector on. My next $$ is rims, I like the 19" HFP rims 2018's in Black. I have a pic but don't have posting rights yet,soon.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #5
Kanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Welcome Kanji, I have the same year and color as yours and I love it!
I have tinted my windows already and put the sunroof deflector on. My next $$ is rims, I like the 19" HFP rims 2018's in Black. I have a pic but don't have posting rights yet,soon.
Thanks,

Sign up for imageshack. us its free. It's what I always used back in my hay day on message boards 10+ years ago. I would love to see the HFP wheels on a CT, I have seen the Accord Sport wheels done a few times already.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
Doug67SS

Default CrossTour Mods

Hi Kanji. You're right, many Accord mod parts will fit our CTs. You should be able to find most of what you need by referencing this board. Some (but not all) of the parts sellers will give you good advice but I've found a lot of them take the easy way out and say "we haven't tested this for the CT." Those folks missed out on my hundreds of dollars that I spent elsewhere.

I had the same thing when it came to installing my coilovers. I'm just not into that type of heavy work any more and it took me three speed shops before I found a guy who knew what he was doing...he's a weekend racer and was able to understand what I wanted, the brand I thought I wanted to go with and how what my desired handling was. I got what I wanted and he put about $3000 in his cash register by the time we were done. The car handles like it's on rails.

Looking forward to your participation and some photos.

2015 Honda Crosstour, EX-L AWD; No Navi
LED headlights, LED interior lights
POR-15 painted calipers (red)
StopTech drilled and slotted rotors
Acura TLX rear sway bar (20mm)
Energy Suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings
KartBoy solid rear sway bar end links
K Sport Pro coilovers; lowered to 29"
SPC Performance adjustable rear lower control arms
Doug67SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement