Why are there NO videos on youtube to fix anything on crosstour - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Ľ Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour How-To

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
toonces1111

Default Why are there NO videos on youtube to fix anything on crosstour

Help people.
If we really love this car why isn't there one single video on youtube explaining how to replace a simple headlight bulb. Why? I can't believe my eyes that this is a site about crosstours and not one video is on youtube helping each other out. I can't even replace a headlight on my car because I need a dealer to charge me $120 to replace a simple headlight. That's a scam of the highest order. I have had a $80,000 Porsche 911 that was easier to work on. I am not in the slightest bit happy this car is so difficult to work on and so expensive to fix. A buyers club site is sopposed to have info on how to fix things and there is Nothing on this site on how to fix anything and if there is it's wrong. I am beginning to feel pretty sad about this car if this is what I should expect. Nobody in their right mind should have to take off the front bumper to replace a headlight or fog light. I have spent almost three hours tonight trying to figure out how to and no help from this site or youtube. That's emberassing.
toonces1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonces1111 View Post
I can't believe my eyes that this is a site about crosstours and not one video is on youtube helping each other out. I can't even replace a headlight on my car because I need a dealer to charge me $120to replace a simple headlight.

The Crosstour is a low production vehicle. I purchased my CT mainly because I wanted something low production and unique; I like the style, handling and bells and whistles. The lower production vehicles will have minimal to nothing on YouTube. Typing in Honda Crosstour in Youtube resulted in 172,000 hits. On the first few pages was only vehicle reviews and such. I didn't go through all 172,000 pages. Typing in Honda Accord resulted in 991,000 hits, and The Accura ZDX resulted in only 106 hits. As for replacing a headlight on a Crosstour, there are numerous Honda Accord guides on Youtube to follow that would be somewhat similar to the CT.

Part of the reason for having a Crosstour board is to make headlight replacement and other such service knowledge available. In doing a search on this board for Headlight Replacement I was able to find three threads: Low Beam Replacement, How to Change High Beam Bulb, and Bulb Replacement Guide for the CT. That should really cover it. As matter of fact, under the How to Change High Beam Bulb, there is a review that says (which included the low beam):

Please look in your owner's manual on how to gain access to the left and right head lightbulb, it's well detailed. (the access is via the inner wheel well and you need to unscrew 3 or so screws, you also need to turn the wheel = see owner's manual).

Many of the maintenances for the CT are on this board, just use the search function. I know that I have done many of the maintenance threads and as my CT needs more services, Iíll be doing many more.
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
L8Apex

When anything is that much of a pain in the ass to me, I get rid of it. What's stopping you from doing that?
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
pshivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
When anything is that much of a pain in the ass to me, I get rid of it. What's stopping you from doing that?

Same here....
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Anything can be a pain in the ass and make you very frustrated if it’s your first time and you have no idea how to do something. The OP toonces1111 has only been a member here on the forum, well, since May 2014 and is new to the Crosstour forum and world.

Most any new car will have it quirks and oddities that will take some getting used to. I can easily understand the frustration about replacing a headlight and having to remove much of the front end to do so. I could list other vehicles that require removal of major components to replace a common item, but that won’t really assist the OP. Suffice to say, with cars being streamlined for aerodynamics and engine compartments getting smaller, the engineering of a headlight replacement bulb might have to suffer.

My 2012 CT has yet to have any bulb go out, and should a headlight bulb go out, (I have other vehicles over 10 years old which have yet to ever have a headlight bulb go out) I will have to decide whether to undertake this task or pay $125 and let the dealer do it.

As you can see from my CT, I’ve had my front end apart and even replaced my grille. I purchased my CT with the intent of making specific changes. I often go weeks without seeing another CT on the road, and when I do, it is often the other moderator on this board Chefmark who only lives a mile or two away from me.

If I wanted to be like everyone else, I would have purchased a Corolla or Accord. With uniqueness comes some difficulty. Aftermarket parts and service accessibility will suffer. Have you tried doing a search on Ebay for Honda Crosstour? Besides generic light bulbs, seat covers or steering covers, you will find minimal to nothing of interest.

So, toonces1111, my suggestion to you is to first use the search function on this site to assist you with any issues, and then ask questions. There is a lot of knowledge on this site and we can most likely assist you with anything on the CT.

NOTE: If you intend to keep your CT and use this site for information - try and tone down your frustration in your messages. You will get much more assistance from users with polite words than using words like scam and having a hissy that there are no YouTube videos about Crosstour repair. This forum has nothing to do with the YouTube site.
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
L8Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashmaster View Post
I often go weeks without seeing another CT on the road, and when I do, it is often the other moderator on this board Chefmark who only lives a mile or two away from me.
Strangely enough, I live in a small townhouse development of 110 units in the far west suburbs of Chicago and there are 4 Crosstours here. Three are white and one is grey. Mine is the only I4 and the only 2012. All of the others are 2013.

The town is 20,000+ population and, again strangely, I frequently see one or two Crosstour in the retail districts. It seems to be quite popular out here.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
25 Year Honda Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Strangely enough, I live in a small townhouse development of 110 units in the far west suburbs of Chicago and there are 4 Crosstours here. Three are white and one is grey. Mine is the only I4 and the only 2012. All of the others are 2013.

The town is 20,000+ population and, again strangely, I frequently see one or two Crosstour in the retail districts. It seems to be quite popular out here.
Surprised CT's do not sale more. I live in a small town, about 5,000 population, a white CT down the street from me and my koffee EX-L. Seldom see another. The CT has everything I want or need plus good MPG. My main reason for getting the CT was that it sits a little higher making ease of entry and exit much easier for an old due like me. Since 1981 I have had 12 Accords and 2 CR-Vs and I value the CT more than any of the previous vehicles; excluding my RL purchases of course. After about 4 months with my EX-L CT I am throughly pleased with all aspects of the car. The only thing I would ask Honda to do to the CT is to stop putting those POS Continental tires on them. I made the dealership swap for Michelin Latitude Tours before taking delivery.
25 Year Honda Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #8
5J6Cross4wd

There should be a Helms manaul for this car. If not go to one of the threads in here that put HIDs on their head lights and asked them how they replaced it.
5J6Cross4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #9
wdbutrym

The replacement of the low beam headlights is detailed in the owners manual. I have not personally done it but it looks fairly straight forward.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
wdbutrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
Hondasports77

You should read the owner's manual. It tells your how to replace the bulb in detail....... If its such a pain in the ass, why don't you ride a bicycle instead? Anything you own requires maintainence!! Do more research instead of complaining.
If you own a $80K Porsche 911 like you said, why not go buy a Cayenne? Those are alot easier to work on......lol Why settle for a cheap Honda?
Hondasports77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #11
dennism36

I'm currently in the market for a Crosstour.

That means I'm also going to need a factory workshop manual set for whatever year I end up with.

I live away from any urban center, which means I'd better learn how to do things for myself, because there aren't any shops close to me to get anything done beyond the rudimentary jobs like for example, a tire change.

Can anyone steer me to a website where I can look at or download information from a workshop manual? I know these places exist for the trade, I just need to find it.

Thanks. DennisM
dennism36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #12
Slightshadow

Lightbulb

Crazy you hit a 5 year old post, but ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennism36 View Post
I'm also going to need a factory workshop manual set for whatever year I end up with
Just eBay them (Crosstour Service Manual) when you know what year you're going to get for sure. Some of them are ridiculously priced, look for the ones under $50. I got the 2 volume L4 set for my 2012 for $30 shipped. They're a little dog-eared in a few places, but they get the job done. I also replaced the missing full Owner's Manual set with storage pouch at the same time for $25 shipped. Since I do all but the major wrenching on my Crosstour, both of them have already paid for themselves as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:49 AM   #13
dennism36

Thanks Slight, I did see them on ebay after I posted here. As soon as I'm sure of the year, I'll find a set and order them, for sure. Like you I do as much of my own service work on my cars.
dennism36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #14
Doug67SS

If a 2015, you'll need to purchase an on-line manual. I've found mine not much help, except for the exploded diagrams and to show me that I didn't want to swap my own timing belt, since the procedure calls for jacking up the engine a bit after unfastening a motor mount...
Most of what you want to do you can find on this forum. And lots of what you want to do can be found on YouTube under other Honda models, especially Accords. I diagnosed my noisy timing belt tensioner by watching a video of a guy with an Odyssey.
The main thing is to have fun.
StopTech drilled and slotted rotors
Acura TLX rear sway bar (20mm)
Energy Suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings
KartBoy solid sway bar end links, front and rear
K Sport Pro coilovers; lowered to 29"
SPC Performance 3 piece adjustable rear lower control arms
JDM badging front, rear and steering wheel
Billet Aluminum accelerator, brake and dead pedals[/SIZE][/FONT]
Doug67SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:33 AM   #15
Pagan Wizard

Look on YouTube for a user by the name of Big Dog50001 Automotive He does a lot of work on a 2012 Honda Accord, which has A LOT of mechanical similarities with our Crosstours. Also look for a YouTube user by the name of A1 Auto Parts, that is another good source for Gen 8's.

Last edited by Pagan Wizard; 04-20-2019 at 05:38 AM.
Pagan Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement