Starter Replacement - 2013 V6 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Maintenance

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Frito

Default Starter Replacement - 2013 V6

About 6-7 months ago, my push button start would sometimes require more than one push. No starter sounds other than a click. It would frequently start with one push but sometimes 3, 4, or more. Over time it would gradually take more pushes until it took so many one time I lost count and took 10 minutes to get it to start. I finally had a mechanic install a new starter and it's been a few weeks now and starts every time. When I first asked my mechanic, he was hesitant since the car only had about 78K miles and said starters rarely go bad at low mileage. I took it to Honda for the air-bag recall and asked them to check it out, but they said it started every time for them. I read online complaints about a possible starter recall, but it didn't apply to my car. I replaced it at 84K. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else has a similar problem. Love my Crosstour!
Frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info on the starter.
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
DrunkenGarbageCan

I thought I read somewhere that there tolerance is off a little between the starter gear and torque converter gear and that it screws up the starter.
DrunkenGarbageCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement