seat head restraint discomfort and fix - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
91kuhndog

Default seat head restraint discomfort and fix

Hey Folks, newby here!! I'm new on the CT Forum but old school with cars. 25+ years certified tech, repair shop owner for years and retired military. If this is a repeat, admin please delete or move to the appropriate section.

So we bought a 12' EX-L with Nav, 59K on the odometer, a beautiful Pearl White with Black leather car. The day after purchase, my wife was sad and complained of the headrest (HRS) forcing her head forward and causing neck and back pain. Honda does not have a solution to the problem but I do. An an inexpensive one to boot. Being an aircraft electrician and problem solver, I studied the headrest and realized Honda screwed up on the seat design for people 5'4" and shorter. The head rest juts forward 1 3/4", which forces the head into a downward position. I've read 100's of complaints on-line. So I set out to fix it.

The solution? Remove the headrests and replace them with head rests from a 2005-2011 Lexus RX330 and/or RX350. I pulled the headrests from a 2008 RX350 which I had in the shop and installed it into the CT and WaaLaa!! The wife drove the car for a couple days and loved it! We went on E-Bay and purchased a set of Black Headrests from a salvaged RX in California for $65 and slid them in. I took some pictures but have them on my phone, I can provide if interested. I don't know if the colors other than black will match up but I can confirm that the Lexus HRS will fit in the CT's. The CT headrests will not however fit into the RX350.
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
Doug67SS

Default Love this stuff

Hey 91Kuhndog. Nice job. This is why I love these forums; most of the problems we encounter have already been encountered and, in many cases, solved.

Your willingness to share your experience will help others. Especially since, having these oddball cars, it's often difficult to find exactly which parts will fit and I find that most sellers are reluctant to say "yeah, it will fit a CT" when it designed for an Accord.

Thanks for sharing your experience and your solution.

Besides, if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

2015 Honda Crosstour, EX-L AWD; No Navi
LED headlights, LED interior lights
POR-15 painted calipers (red)
StopTech drilled and slotted rotors
Acura TLX rear sway bar (20mm)
Energy Suspension polyurethane sway bar bushings
KartBoy solid rear sway bar end links
K Sport Pro coilovers; lowered to 29"
SPC Performance 3 piece adjustable rear lower control arms
Genuine Honda JDM badging front, rear and steering wheel
Doug67SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 AM   #3
L8Apex

So, just to be clear, we are talking about the Lexus 330-350 front seat headrests and not the rear seat units.

Thanks
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement