high speed sensitive steering - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:58 AM   #1
[email protected]

Default high speed sensitive steering

I have a 2014 Crosstour EX, brand new Michelins, fresh wheel alignment. The steering is very sensitive when driving over 70 mph, almost like driving in a strong wind storm, it seems to hunt back and for ever so slightly, and twitchy when moving the wheel left to right. Anyone encounter this?
jmstunts@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

My first question is: Who did the alignment? Was it a 4 wheel alignment?

Your complaint sounds alignment related. Do you have the spec sheet from the alignment?
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
[email protected]

The alignment was done by a Honda dealer, the only spec sheet I saw was when we purchased the car, the tires were put on as part of the deal, I was told they checked the alignment at that time. I returned to the dealer after having driven the car a few hundred miles, they said the alignment was checked again, and that the tech drove the car. we have returned to NY for the summer, and plan on putting the car on a friends alignment machine and do a 4 wheel check.
jmstunts@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2019, 02:23 AM   #4
GL84

If you're not TOO worried about tire wear over time, get just a little bit more toe in... the CT is sensitive to road camber (roads are slanted to each side to allow rain to run to the ditches).

This will help a bit on the straight highways.
CSS Custom Springs +20% Spring Rate | PB-Brakes BBK F 380mm 8Pot / R 356mm 6Pot | 20mm Rear Swaybar from Acura TL
20" TSW Nurburgring (Gunmetal) Wheels | 245/45ZR20 Continental Extremecontact DSW Tires
GL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
Sixer

I had that problem and had to replace my front axles to resolve it. It just kept getting worse. That's only issue I've had with my Crosstour since I've bought it.
Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement