Fluid Change Schedule (MM Not Followed) - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
ucdscott

Question Fluid Change Schedule (MM Not Followed)

Hello, I have a 2010 CT that has maintenance records (with dates & mileage) but I cannot guarantee the services were performed per the maintenance minder (MM) guidance.

Therefore, I am seeking recommendations on how frequently, in months and/miles to change the following fluids:

1. Transmission
2. Rear differential
3. Transfer case
4. Brake
5. Coolant

and one non-fluid:

6. Spark plugs

Thx

Last edited by ucdscott; 05-27-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Changed post icon and subscription preference
ucdscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 03:24 AM   #2
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I have to assume you purchased your 2010 CT from someone whom you don't fully believe did all the required maintenances. If it were my car, I would just bite the bullet and start replacing the fluids. The actual fluid costs for Transmission, Rear Differential, Transfer Case, Brake Fluid and Coolant should easily be around $100 or so for do do it yourself pricing, and it will give you a sound mind of knowing you have all fresh fluids in your car. As for spark plugs, it is were my vehicle, I would pull one plug and make a determination from looking at the one plug, if they all need replacing. Obviously after a good amount of time in your car, the gap will have widened and they will be much dirtier than a plug which had recently been replaced.

Last edited by Crashmaster; 05-29-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
Pagan Wizard

I have a 2012 front wheel drive Crosstour, and just replaced the coolant and transmission fluids in the car. The first bit of advice I will give you is to use only genuine Honda fluids, they have additives in them that help protect whatever they come in contact with that most OTC fluids do not have. Honda fluids only cost a few dollars extra, but the peace of mind is priceless. For the transmission, do not have it power flushed, this is one of the most damaging things you can do to any transmission, regardless of manufacturer. When power flushing, small bits of metal or dirt can get lodged in small areas and actually cause uneven wear or a blockage. I followed these videos to replace my transmission fluid 3 times in one day, which SAFELY replaces at least 90% of the fluid in the transmission. I also used the other videos I am sharing here. I did take my car to my local dealership to flush out the brake fluid though, I couldn't find anything on that.

Assuming you have the 2.4L engine, these videos will help you a lot. The transmission on the V6 is a little bit different, but the procedures are pretty much the same. I don't have AWD in my car, but I am sure you can find a video showing you how to service your transfer case and rear differential. He is working on an Accord, but the Accord is mechanically identical to a Crosstour.

This video shows how to change transmission fluid

Here he talks about the transmission filter

Here is a video about the engine coolant

Here is a video about engine oil

Here is a video about spark plugs

Here is a video explaning the different types of spark plugs.

Here is a video about power steering fluid

Last edited by Pagan Wizard; 06-07-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Pagan Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2019, 10:15 PM   #4
Pagan Wizard

If you have a V6 engine in your car, the transmission service will be slightly different. Here is a video explaining that.

Pagan Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement