235/65/18 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
NHIngy

Default 235/65/18

Has anyone run these on the crosstour? I know they are larger than stock but have a chance to pick up studded snows at a great deal. I’ve run slightly smaller sidewall than stock in the past with winter but never gone larger.

I know it will throw off the speedometer, don’t really care about that but worried about rubbing.

Thanks for any information
NHIngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
Brizzzey

I wouldn't worry about it, I run 235/65/17s on my weird lifted oddball crosstour. use this website to find out what the speedometer difference is. Only thing I'd say is be careful going to much over OEM diameter otherwise you'll rub when locking the wheel out when turning.

link: https://www.sizemytires.com/calculators/compare
Brizzzey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
ColoradoNordic

In short, I'd go for it if you expect to be driving on snow/ice regularly, but you will have some road/tire noise to deal with. Unlikely to have any VSA issues. And I doubt any rub issues, but with more of the wheel well filled with tire, there isn't much room for snow/ice to build up. 235/65 is 1.4" taller (total) and about 0.4" wider. I recently installed 235/60/18 (all-season) and they perform great! In past winters, I have run a set of old 16" Prelude rims with 235/70 snow tires, but it's a hassle to swap them out and reset the TPMS every time,...and they were definitely noisier than all-season. The traction was good, but not stellar. So I am sticking with 235/60/18 all season year-round.
ColoradoNordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement