Hello - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > New Member introduction

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
FormerSuzukiGuy

Default Hello

Hello,
As my moniker states I have been a big fan of Suzuki. In another life I was a Toyota Master Tech. For health and other reasons I left automotive for computers. I owned many Toyotas. In 2007 I bought my first Suzuki a Late 2004 XL-7. I loved it. In total my wife and I have / had 4 Suzukis. My septuagenarian mother finally gave up her '95 4Runner last September. I gave her my Grand Vitara as it was very much like her 4Runner. They always said Suzukis are just like Toyotas but much less expensive. I have to agree.

So I started looking around for a replacement. I knew I didn't want another SUV but still wanted AWD & V6. I looked at Chrysler 300s & 200s, and too many others. They either didn't fit me or had inherent problems. One time I was coming home and stopped behind this odd Honda, an Accord Crosstour.
What is that? I looked into them drove about 8, all different years and settled for a 2012 EX-L V6 AWD. I would have preferred a later model.
The Honda way of doing things has been a bit hard for me but I love the power & handling. What is really surprising is that the CT is Longer, wider, 1000lbs heavier, and gets better mileage than my Grand Vitara.

Sorry to take so long to say hello, I thought I had.
It seems life keeps getting in the way of my hobbies.

FormerSuzukiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
Tupperware

Hello,
Welcome to the forum. It's not the busiest place but there is a lot of good intel here. I'm curious, as a Toyota Master Tech, why didn't you consider the Venza?
Obviously, Im a Honda fan, I own four. But, if I knew a product line as well as I suspect you know Toyota, I'd have a hard time shopping elsewhere.
Tupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Brizzzey

Tupperware- I've always sworn by Honda's with my Father since we're both 6'3" and found that Accords have more headroom than Camry's. My grandparents have leased a Camry for longer than I can remember, and more of my family is all Toyota's. But my father and I have had 5 Honda's between us. Except now he switched from an Accord to Nissan Rogue looking for AWD, and I switched from my Accord to a Jeep Cherokee for 2 months before swapping to my current CT.

But a Toyota Master Tech is an interesting bit but Welcome, my gf has a 09 Camry with 200K+ miles and she's starting to realize she wants me to go through and replace items to keep it alive. Right now Spark plugs and LED headlight assemblies are on the list, luckily she has a timing chain and not a belt.

I don't blame you for wanting a second gen CT, the auto-manual transmission to me is the most appealing part I'd say. Also taking it anywhere having to say Accord Crosstour is a mouthful since I've got a 2010. There's a post on here somewhere for swapping the rear sway bar with a matching Acura part I for increased handling. I haven't done that yet but its on my summer to-do list.

Regardless, Welcome to the site.
Brizzzey is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Tupperware

Brizzzey,

6'4" here, I have an '04 Camry SE 4cyl and fit just fine. 184K miles on it with no major issues (knock wood). I am scared that the cylinder head bolts will cause me grief.
It is VERY picky about tires - I can't run directional tires on it and nobody seems to be able to get alignment quite right. It's always pulled to the left, alignment has always checked out OK and tires wear evenly.
My wife sent me out to get her a Crosstour after dumping an unreliable Audi. I'd heard of the car, never paid it much attention and thought they were ugly. First test drive set my mind straight. Then I had to have one, too!
Tupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
Brizzzey

Tupperware,

Maybe it was just the years we looked for cars the headroom wasn't the best. But we got used to Honda's and stuck with what we knew. When the CT first came out we thought it wasn't the prettiest thing, our minds still haven't really changed. But I like the look of mine now with my mods, still get plenty of stares driving it around, the town I'm in now I've seen maybe 2 others in the past 3 weeks.
Brizzzey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #6
Jennifer

My first car was a Nissan 240 SX - Then I bought my first Honda (Accord) as my second car. The funny reason why I bought a Honda... My best friend in high school and into college years had a Honda Civic. Her father did not teach any car maintenance just gave her the keys and a gas station account (full service she didn't know how to pump her own gas). What I didn't know years down the road into our college years is that she thought the oil can light was a notification light telling her it was time for an oil change. The only time that Civic got a change is when that light came on. That Honda survived years of riding the loop around town then back and forth every weekend from college.

I bought the Crosstour for the same six-foot reason. Both of my sons hit that six-foot height just before driving age. We walked car lots putting one in the front and one in the back seeing if both could be comfortable at the same time. I also wanted V6 for the ability to handle a bike rack. I love that I can quickly spot my car in the parking lot.

BTW - my dad made sure I could change my own oil, flat tire, and check fluids as part of his driver's education requirement before he'd sign for our license.

Oh, I made a year in a Jeep Grand Cherokee and hated it. Hated it so much that I jumped into a Civic to get out.

Last edited by Jennifer; 05-17-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement