Is your roof leaking?? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour How-To

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:55 AM   #1
Pagan Wizard

Default Is your roof leaking??

The roof on my 2012 Crosstour just started leaking recently. I searched YouTube and found many newer vehicles, all manufacturers, with this kind of problem. Then I finally found this video that shows how to repair, and permanently stop the leaks. The guy in this video used tub and tile caulk, I am planning on using Seam Seal, which is actually intended to be used in this type of repair, but the steps he performed are the same as I will be doing. This video is not mine, I am sharing it to help anyone here in need.

Pagan Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
Plaubel

My 2012 has never leaked. Even with the back of the roof lifted, light rain will not leak into the interior. That amazed me.
Plaubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
Tupperware

I'm confused. Are you saying water is getting inside your vehicle via the weatherstrip channel?
Tupperware is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
MelloYelloMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan Wizard View Post
The roof on my 2012 Crosstour just started leaking recently. I searched YouTube and found many newer vehicles, all manufacturers, with this kind of problem. Then I finally found this video that shows how to repair, and permanently stop the leaks. The guy in this video used tub and tile caulk, I am planning on using Seam Seal, which is actually intended to be used in this type of repair, but the steps he performed are the same as I will be doing. This video is not mine, I am sharing it to help anyone here in need.

I’m assuming you verified there wasn’t a blockage somewhere around the seals. That was the first step the “water expert” did when I was getting water pooling under my rear seat. Where are you noticing the leakage? What conditions? Mine turned out to be a leak around the fuel door, but they checked along the route of the rear wiper fluid tubing/connection to ensure it wasn’t coming from their or the sunroof
MelloYelloMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement