245/55r18 - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Wheels, Tires & Suspension

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
cubralbre

Default 245/55r18

BFGoodrich P245/55R18 Radial TA spec. $350.00 online, delivered, $100.00 installed and balanced at the local small tire place.

Fit great, ride great. A lttle wider from the back but same eight. Much less noise than the michelins.

Better than the $900.00 plus. I can use the extra $500.00 and pay for a rotation somewhere.
cubralbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Peter M

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubralbre View Post
BFGoodrich P245/55R18 Radial TA spec. $350.00 online, delivered, $100.00 installed and balanced at the local small tire place.

Fit great, ride great. A lttle wider from the back but same eight. Much less noise than the michelins.

Better than the $900.00 plus. I can use the extra $500.00 and pay for a rotation somewhere.

Old post but this is the upgrade I would like to do.

Anyone have additional input regarding clearance issues and handeling ?

Thanks
Pete
Peter M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
friedrice19

Pete,
I don't have a lot of experience with wheels or tires, but I plan on upgrading my wheels when my stock tires wear thin. I would say to try to stick to tires with the same outside diameter as factory as this will not mess with clearance height issues or rotations per miles variance.

Everyone has differences in opinions. But it is your CT and you should get something that looks good to you on your CT. The width of the tire should try to reflect how aggressively you drive and much snow you get (if any) in your area and try to find a width that meets somewhere in the middle. Also note, there is a direct linear relationship between the width of your tires and the amount of road noise they will pick up. Well, to be fair.....there is also the same relationship with tire width and traction.
There is a good website to calculate tire size upgrade options here.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also, remember to note the load index of the tires you buy. The CT is heavier than your average car, though lighter than many crossover vehicle on the market today, so the tires need to be able to carry the weight of the vehicle and its cargo. Selecting the width of tires is important in another aspect in that manufacturer sometimes limit tire selections based on the width alone. Ex: Lots of tire choices in the 245, but less in the 255 width. Good thing is a given set of wheels, will "allow" for varying widths of tires, only up to a certain point.

For me, I like the look of the HFP rims on my CT. Like the one below. Before purchasing any wheel, try to Photoshop the wheel into a side picture of your car and see how it looks i.e. "it's stance" Nice wheels can look terrible, if it doesn't fit the overall image of the car, in its class and direction. Wheels are the #1 thing, that states the attitude of your car. Next might be front grille.Hope this helps.
friedrice19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #4
Peter M

Thanks the HFP rimd look great
Peter M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
BajaHyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubralbre View Post

Will this spec of tires absolutely fit the stock 18inch rims from Honda for the X-tour?
Building an X-tour, I could've bought lots. Passed a 2011 STI 5dr for the same price. Jaguar would've given the difference on my old car to get it. I declined, "Don't get me wrong, it's everything I want, I can make it everything I want to be far easier...They're just too common."
'15 yields work for me...Finishing weight reduction,Lifting springs and stiffer shocks, brake overhaul, Exhaust, Rebuilt intake manifold, skidplates, Lighting, looking into roofpanel w/out sunroof. Lexan is my ally.
BajaHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
CT-Enthusiast

Anyone have pictures of their Crosstour on 245/55R18s?? I am considering this, too, but would really like (1) know how the extra width looks, as I feel the OEM tires are too thin, and (2) know how well they fit the OEM rims.

Thanks!

Check out my blog for CT pics and more!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT-Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
friedrice19

There is a whole thread with people with different wheel/tires here
https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/f...ead.php?t=1854

Hope this helps
friedrice19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
CT-Enthusiast

Thanks for the message ... I actually posted to that thread a while back ... still can't find a pic of the 2013 OEM 18" rims on the 245/55R18. :/

Check out my blog for CT pics and more!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT-Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
N FUL FX

I read through several threads on here about tire options. I was thinking about the 245/55/18 mainly because it is wider than my stock 225/60/18 and it won't affect the speedometer. I was told, however, that anything above 235 will rub on my 2013 EX-L.

Any thoughts on this? I haven't heard anyone mention rubbing on this forum and some were running 255s.

Last edited by N FUL FX; 09-05-2019 at 06:18 PM.
N FUL FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement