Honda Crosstour Forums - View Single Post - Crosstour Vibration / Flutter 20 - 25 mph
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Crashmaster
Super Moderator

I was involved in diagnosing a similar complaint on a Ford a while back. A vibration felt in the pedal and even steering wheel a bit. It turned out to be the ABS system running a test cycle. This particular vehicle was designed to run an ABS test cycle at approximately 1 mile after start up. The customer complained about a vibration in the pedals and steering wheel a bit that lasted about 5 seconds. The tech that was involved was not aware of this test cycle that was designed to cycle the ABS solenoids for 5 seconds as a means to make sure they are fully operational. Often drivers can go many years without ever using their ABS, and this is a way to test and keep everything in good running order. Often car computers can have this test cycle done at unusual intervals. It can be set for time duration, mileage duration or even both. I don’t have access to a CT shop manual at this time, so I don’t know specifically how or if this applies to a CT. This wasn’t even in the Ford shop manual, but was taught at their ABS factory training. Just two more cents to throw in the hat.
Crashmaster is online now   Reply With Quote