Honda Crosstour Forums - View Single Post - Vcm muzzler 2. Install
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
2010BlackPearl

Hi,

2010 V6 Crosstour EX 2WD, approx 120K mi, no visible oil leaks. I am the 3rd owner, had it since 9/2018. I noticed the oil usage a few months ago. I use Mobil One 0w-20 synthetic oil, not sure what it previously ran. I’m sure the oil usage was present when I bought it, I just didn’t notice it.

I don’t know too much about the previous history, other than that it had axle problems and 3 coil packs (unsure which cylinders) replaced from misfiring. I don’t know any more details about what codes were thrown, just that the coil packs were faulty.

I changed the spark plugs recently and it looked like cylinders 1-4 (three on rear bank and passenger side front) were black on the insulator and white/ashy on the ground electrode. The 2 other plugs looked like normal wear.

It uses about 1qt of oil every 1,500mi. This was the same before and after the spark plug change. No codes or misfiring since I’ve had it.

I was concentrated on fixing the shudder it had, so I was distracted for several months trying to fix this. It ended up being L axle, R axle, intermediate shaft, and 2 motor mounts. Shudder was fixed after that.

I spoke with Honda and they said to get it checked out at a dealer, but it would be all out of pocket because 9/2018 was the 8 year period.

I was thinking of trying the S-VCM Controller first to see if there is a difference.

Thanks

Last edited by 2010BlackPearl; 08-07-2019 at 09:53 PM.
2010BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote