Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Potential crosstour purchase

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  L8Apex 
#1 ·
Hey all! I'm currently looking to replace my GX470 with a 13+ crosstour. I test drove a V6 AWD model this past weekend but wasn't impressed by the rear visibility and the pricing in my area. It seems like they haven't depreciated that much and no dealers are willing to negotiate the price. I was looking at a 15' V6 AWD with 80k miles for $18,800 which I felt was way too much. There's another one, 13' with 70k miles for $15,000 but with an accident which I also feel is too high. What do you guys think a reasonable price would be?

#2 ·
There are so many factors when pricing a car. Condition, mileage, prior damage, number of owners, smoker?, etc. I would suggest that you log into either NADA.com or Kelley Blue Blook (both would be best) and you can get all the pricing you need there for every type of car whenever you want. I would normally use both these website and then average their prices together. Most car dealerships use one or the other of these sites. Good luck!

#5 · (Edited)
There's another one, 13' with 70k miles for $15,000 but with an accident which I also feel is too high.
I've got an 2015 EX. The Carfax will show an accident. I bent my number plate on the rear bumper of a car in MA on an on ramp when the guy brake-checked me. So, for essentially zero damage to my car it shows an accident. The point I offer is that you may want to check into the details of the accident. Like mine, it may be totally insignificant.

Also, don't exclude the 2.4 liter motor. The K24 motor from Honda may be the best production 4 cylinder motor ever made by any motor company. My son has had 2 CRV with the K24 motor and he's driven on just under 300K miles and the last one just over 300K miles. He just bought a 18K mile used CRV with the K24 motor last week.

Some folks have turbo charged the K24 motor on stock internals with an aftermarket ECU and put them into the Honda S2000 and get a reliable daily driver with 6-700 whp. The damn motor is incredibly stout.

BTW, my CT will likely be up for sale in the next month. It's got 45K miles on it that are 80% Interstate highway miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.