Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Honda Crosstour Forums

Honda Crosstour Forums (https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crosstour General Discussion (https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Subwoofer (https://www.crosstourownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329)

melchor1106 08-23-2010 04:22 PM

Subwoofer

Either the subwoofer in my CT is very weak or it is broken. Even with the sub volume turned all the way up and the fader pushed all the way to the back, I can't tell the if the sub's doing anything.

Anyone else have this issue?

-fred

CCT 08-23-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melchor1106 (Post 2568)
Either the subwoofer in my CT is very weak or it is broken. Even with the sub volume turned all the way up and the fader pushed all the way to the back, I can't tell the if the sub's doing anything.

Anyone else have this issue?

-fred

Dam, Fred, that thing should be shakin' the car........:eek:

unless your source is shy on lows.....

Time for a visit to Mr. Dealer.
G/L
C.

melchor1106 08-23-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT (Post 2571)
Dam, Fred, that thing should be shakin' the car........:eek:

unless your source is shy on lows.....

Time for a visit to Mr. Dealer.
G/L
C.

You have the factory subwoofer too right? And it really shakes your CT?

CCT 08-23-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melchor1106 (Post 2574)
You have the factory subwoofer too right? And it really shakes your CT?

It does if I do what you did.....
Appears that yours isn't working....

C.

melchor1106 08-24-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT (Post 2581)
It does if I do what you did.....
Appears that yours isn't working....

C.

I had the dealer pick it up and look at it today. They said that one of the wires to the subwoofer was pulled away from the unit during installation. It works now. The stereo sounds much better too.

-fred

CCT 08-24-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melchor1106 (Post 2605)
I had the dealer pick it up and look at it today. They said that one of the wires to the subwoofer was pulled away from the unit during installation. It works now. The stereo sounds much better too.

-fred

Ahhh sooo....back in business......Our stereo system is quite impressive. I really like it.
Enjoy

Colin.

fishnbanjo 08-25-2010 08:59 AM

Has anyone accessed the subwoofer compartment? I was thinking of changing the sub, 2 speakers and the tweeters since I still have a set of Dotech speakers, tweeters and a 12" Dotech sub that was going into the RL but then I got ill. Photos and instructions would be welcome. Thanks

Scoob 09-15-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCT (Post 2610)
Ahhh sooo....back in business......Our stereo system is quite impressive. I really like it.
Enjoy

Colin.

So the trunk speakers blast too?

Then I have to get this checked out too since the subwoofer goes off but the two speakers (or at least they look like speakers) just by the hatch doesnt seem to make any noise at all- might be due to a leak problem my Crosstour has been having...

CCT 09-15-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 3195)
So the trunk speakers blast too?

Then I have to get this checked out too since the subwoofer goes off but the two speakers (or at least they look like speakers) just by the hatch doesnt seem to make any noise at all- might be due to a leak problem my Crosstour has been having...

Possibly -- have it checked , you may have loose wiring like Fred had also.

C.

jnwfla 09-16-2010 12:50 AM

I am lost when people talk about radio stuff. I would have no idea what a subwoffer even does (although I do know my wife set the base and the subwoffer at its highest setting....have no idea if that is right or not, but with certain music the base is very noticable).

When I drive, I use the radio for background noise.

CCT 09-16-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnwfla (Post 3210)
I am lost when people talk about radio stuff. I would have no idea what a subwoffer even does (although I do know my wife set the base and the subwoffer at its highest setting....have no idea if that is right or not, but with certain music the base is very noticable).

When I drive, I use the radio for background noise.

yes and with some of the garbage on the radio these days that's about all it's good for ......... :D ---just kidding......I'm showing my age here so take no notice.;) -- Thankfully there are many stations out there that cater to just about any music taste and genre.

But about your statement about radio stuff -- It's all about personal taste, really.
I've noticed in recent years the accent on bass and that the systems now are set up more for that purpose with the use of more power and 'woofers' to reproduce the low frequencies (low notes that typically 'thump' or drone)

Along with that, tho, is the ability to accent the trebles, as well, with the use of good tweeters and midrange speakers, which helps me in my more senior years regain my ability to hear the highs as well.:p

Enjoy. These days the radio and music experience is a whole lot better than what it used to be...:)

C.

Boston Rob 11-17-2010 08:01 PM

I just browsed through this thread because my new CT's subwoofer is really non existant sound quality wise. It looks like my 10" powered Bazooka tube is going to find it's way to my CT.

CCT 11-17-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston Rob (Post 5502)
I just browsed through this thread because my new CT's subwoofer is really non existant sound quality wise. It looks like my 10" powered Bazooka tube is going to find it's way to my CT.

.......can you post details of your Bazooka Tube and how easily it would be to wire in.
Cheers,
Colin.

Limbery 11-18-2010 01:15 AM

Rob and anyone else that doesn't have enough low-end coming through....check or have your sub (in the cargo area) checked for it's connection. You should have ample bass being put out ....(unless you're an 18 yr. old gangsta in which case you've got to modify the whole system)

IQ9 11-18-2010 05:02 AM

Does anyone have an diagram of the sub area. I have a JL * coming in and wanted to swap it for the factory sub but have not found any pics showing the aear exposed. Thanks in advance.