Windshield wipers - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
2011HCT

Default Windshield wipers

For those of you who have had your Crosstours through a winter season, how did the wipers perform? They have that one piece look but they still appear to have the standard wiper insert hard mounting points.
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
iggibar

Here's my opinion. My 2008 Passat has about 32,000 miles, and has never had the wipers replaced, and they leave only 2 or 3 lines when wiping! My CT has 2,000 miles, and leaves lines everywhere! They haven't even been through a proper winter...maybe just 2 actual snow-on-windshield days. It's a little disappointing...though, the passat's are legit one piece wipers.
-Polished Metal Metallic/Black
iggibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
2011HCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
Here's my opinion. My 2008 Passat has about 32,000 miles, and has never had the wipers replaced, and they leave only 2 or 3 lines when wiping! My CT has 2,000 miles, and leaves lines everywhere! They haven't even been through a proper winter...maybe just 2 actual snow-on-windshield days. It's a little disappointing...though, the passat's are legit one piece wipers.
Thanks. The reason for the question in the first place is that I was thinking about putting the Crosstour wipers on my Acura TL rather than going with a Bosch Icon or a Michelin Stealth wiper for example. The Crosstour wipers being OE, the fit is much better than those aftermarket options and they look "natural". But if they don't perform well, not much sense in investing the money just to look good.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
SubmarineCorps2006

Send a message via AIM to SubmarineCorps2006

I went through a mild winter here in VA and lots of rainy days so far with the original wipers still in place. No problems so far. Tried RainX'ing your windshield? I do and it makes all the difference in the world. At highway speeds (I drive to Richmond every weekend almost) I don't even use my wipers and just watch the rain bead right off. At night I can't even tell it's raining sometimes.

[Dome and Map Light LED's] [Stainless Steel Door Sill Trim and Rear Bumper Protector] [Side Body Moulding] [Interior Illumination] [Blue Trunk Lighting LED Strips]

Qualified in Submarines January 2009
SubmarineCorps2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
iggibar

I have used Rain-x on our other cars, but I did that when they were past 60k+ miles! Doing it on a new car, honestly, I feel like you are just covering a problem...a problem of having CRAPPY wiper blades.
-Polished Metal Metallic/Black
iggibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Xaque

I went through a hard winter with the Crosstour wipers... they performed great and they are still performing great.

I'm quite pleased with them.

(Of course, I occasionally take one of those wet-nap things and clean the rubber, so I'm sure that helps.)
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaque View Post
I went through a hard winter with the Crosstour wipers... they performed great and they are still performing great.

I'm quite pleased with them.

(Of course, I occasionally take one of those wet-nap things and clean the rubber, so I'm sure that helps.)
I clean mine too its nice to just changethe insert only $5 dollars vs the whole blade, even if you have to change them twice a year your still ahead !
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
warp7

Ours did not do well at all. We bought the car new in October, and had to replace the wipers in March. The passenger side wiper wore out early on, and the driver side windshield washer wsa weak. We got "winter" wiper blades put in in March at the dealer, and we are having a problem on the driver's side with that install as well...there is a loose piece of plastic flapping in the wind...need to have the dealer look at it.
warp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 AM   #9
K3RMiTdot

some douche bag broke my passenger one -_____- so i gotta buy a new one

Follow me on Instagram- k3rrmit
K3RMiTdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #10
timber_tom

crosstour wipers worked well thru a northern ontario winter
timber_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
rusty

Where you at in northern ont. Tom??
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Limbery

I'm in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island....very rainy winter here...I've had the car for a full year now and the original wipers still work fine....I think it's the snow and ice that wreck the blades the most....gladly, we've just got mostly rain here...
Limbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
rusty

Sometimes the cars sit on the lot for a while too, we have had certain cars sit on our lot for up to 1 year,so who knows change them every 2nd or 3rd service.
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
deuce271

Pennsylvania here. My wife just commented on how nice the wipers are on the CT. Going from her 06 Corolla S or my previous 07 Civic Si, the wipers are silent. I haven't noticed too many "lines" from them. On our last road trip I picked up a lot of bugs on the windshield, this began causing lines and giving the wipers trouble. Before that, the wipers appeared to be great.

I cannot stress enough how great it is that if the windshield is relatively dry, the wipers are silent. My Si and her Corolla were the opposite, and the noise they made was diabolic.
deuce271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Uberwilhelm

I actually have a beef with the wipers. Not the blades themselves, but the arms. The driver side arm doesn't put enough downward pressure and once I get over 65-70 it doesn't clean for crap. Has anyone else come across this? I was contemplating just bending the arm a little but haven't tried it yet.
Uberwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement