Disgruntled new owners with buyers remorse, PLEASE READ! - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
RyansQuick6
Super Moderator

Exclamation Disgruntled new owners with buyers remorse, PLEASE READ!

Due to a few people constantly ranting on how tiny little insignificant details that they don't like on their CT seem to be ruining their entire life, I have decided to set a few things straight.

This website is designed primarily for owners to communicate with a greater audience and learn about their cars. These are new vehicles, they will have quirks, EVERY car has quirks. Get over it.

Do NOT start a thread about a concern without using the search fuction first or the thread will be deleted. These vehicles have very few and very minor issues that have been covered multiple times.

Finally, I don't want to see this nice site go downhill with a bunch of crybabies who are upset that they bought a car that didn't have something they want. Oh well, tough, YOU bought it, nobody forced you to. If you think you got suckered, oh well, it's not the car's fault, it's your own, lesson learned.

Most of the members on this forum are delighted to help answer questions about everything on their cars, so by all means ask. Do not expect an immediate answer or get in a huff because nobody answers your question. The reason nobody answered is because they probably don't know the answer, just like you.

There isn't a single CT on the road right now that is out of warranty, so before whining about some petty issue, call your local service department and discuss it with them. After all is said and done, please, share you experience with the rest of the group.
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
chefmark
Super Moderator

Cool Beans!!
chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
rolls2

On another forum(RROC) we have topics divided into general areas of interest. We can sign up for only the topics we want to read about and we get immediate or daily notification(our choice) of posts to those topics. It is also possible to sign up for notification(daily or otherwise) when someone responds to your post. With these features, it eliminates duplicate posts and it allows me to read only subjects I am interested in. I don't have to search thru endless posts to find if someone has responded to one of my questions. I can also do a search for all of my own postings. Is any of this possible on this forum? Am I just missing out here?
rolls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
drumslinger

Hear, hear! Also, I would strongly advise all new owners to read their owners manual (and nav manual, if applicable). You'd be surprised what you can learn. I read mine, cover to cover, and found answers to many questions that are asked on this forum.

2010 EX-L 4WD Nav, Opal Sage Metallic/black
drumslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
edubfromktown

All hail the super moderator <bow>.
edubfromktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
chefmark
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubfromktown View Post
All hail the super moderator <bow>.
chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
ifonline
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolls2 View Post
Is any of this possible on this forum? Am I just missing out here?
Yes. You can subscribe to a thread or a forum if you wish, and can elect to be notified via e-mail of any updates. You can subscribe when entering a new post by selecting your preference under "Thread Subscription" below the text entry box. Or, you may subscribe by selecting the appropriate option in the Forum Tools or Thread Tools menu near the top of the Forum or Thread.

2010 Crosstour EX-L Navi - Black/Black
2010 Goldwing GL18HPNAM - Black
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
ifonline
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Due to a few people ... with the rest of the group.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you aren't getting much sleep with the new kid around? Perhaps a warm glass of milk and a nap would hit the spot?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you aren't getting much sleep with the new kid around? Perhaps a warm glass of milk and a nap would hit the spot?
LOL about the new youngster.....That can definitely affect one's sleep and disposition.......but Ryan is right.....We're not here to bitch and complain and drag everyone down crabbing about incidental crap..... we're here to share our experiences and issues with a new ride. Yes there's a difference between bitching and sharing issues...

By what I've read, the majority are fairly happy with their purchase with no real regrets and certainly experience nothing more stressful than a trip to the dealer for a warranty repair and a free coffee and bagel.

Enjoy your CT's guys a gals. They really are special, and we love to hear how special.

C.

Tango EX-L 4WD Black int.-sold
Taurus SHO - Red Candy - Livernois tune and Intake.
----------
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
ifonline
Super Moderator

Oh, I agree. I just think he needs a nap. He's become Mr. Grumpy Pants lately.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
RyansQuick6
Super Moderator

I got my nap last night and got to spend almost the whole day with my little buddy, it always puts me in a good mood lol
Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansQuick6 View Post
Due to a few people constantly ranting on how tiny little insignificant details that they don't like on their CT seem to be ruining their entire life, I have decided to set a few things straight.

This website is designed primarily for owners to communicate with a greater audience and learn about their cars. These are new vehicles, they will have quirks, EVERY car has quirks. Get over it.

Do NOT start a thread about a concern without using the search fuction first or the thread will be deleted. These vehicles have very few and very minor issues that have been covered multiple times.

Finally, I don't want to see this nice site go downhill with a bunch of crybabies who are upset that they bought a car that didn't have something they want. Oh well, tough, YOU bought it, nobody forced you to. If you think you got suckered, oh well, it's not the car's fault, it's your own, lesson learned.

Most of the members on this forum are delighted to help answer questions about everything on their cars, so by all means ask. Do not expect an immediate answer or get in a huff because nobody answers your question. The reason nobody answered is because they probably don't know the answer, just like you.

There isn't a single CT on the road right now that is out of warranty, so before whining about some petty issue, call your local service department and discuss it with them. After all is said and done, please, share you experience with the rest of the group.
seriously??? Its good that your CT is just jim dandy. I have had company cars for the last 7 years, no car payment, no insurance payment, no maintenence fees, and now I have to worry about resale value. To give you an idea I've got close to 25000 miles on mine and its something that I have to deal with everyday for several hundred miles a day. But you're right, dont ask questions to try to get to the bottom of the systemic issue.
So la la la I love my CT wheeee!!!
I wont step out of line ever again leader.
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
JRRRR

You guys crack me up...
Richard
JRRRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
CCT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRRR View Post
You guys crack me up...
Richard
Could I recommend a good body shop Richard?

Tango EX-L 4WD Black int.-sold
Taurus SHO - Red Candy - Livernois tune and Intake.
----------
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #15
Army Dad

Is that a chicken joke? (Joann Worley, Laugh In)
2012 Ridgeline RTL/ w Navi
Army Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement