Siri coming to Accord and Crosstour - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Ľ Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Ronn L

Default Siri coming to Accord and Crosstour

Siri will soon be added to the Honda Accord and Crosstour ! I saw this news on a video from HondaproJason last night. I might just have to wait for the 2014 now ! I hope they add LED headlights and turn signals to the mirrors as well...that would really look cool and update an already nice car.
Ronn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
magdude

Smile Siri coming to Accord and Crosstour

My understanding from what I have read is that this is a software update to the 2013 Accords/Crosstours.Should be released soon.
magdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
chefmark
Super Moderator

I'm just saying....
chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
bcapson

Default Already works really good now

If you have Hands free link (HFL) the Siri feature on your iphone already works really well. You just need to press and hold the button down to call it up. It will read texts to which you can reply handsfree as well. You call numbers in your phone book so you don't have to add them to your car's phone book, also it will work with apples or google maps on your iphone as well muting the music and all.

If you could pull it up from the steering wheel button it would be perfect.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
gyost

Thanks for the info. I was going to ask if the software update could be added to older models, but if the iPhone Siri works, I won't have to.
gyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
MentalMonkey

This sounds like a great additional feature. I sure hope the Crosstour gets this along with the Accord; they share the same infotainment system so it should.

Acording to a Wired aritcle, "Siri will be available to owners of the 2013 Honda Accord, all-new Acura RLX and ILX later this year through a dealer-installed software update. Although Honda isnít providing a price or exact date, a Honda spokeswoman told Wired no additional hardware is required, which means Siri functionality could relatively easily and cheaply expand to other Honda and Acura models".
MentalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Espogolf

Thanks for the info on Siri. Just got my 2013 EXL V6 and tried Siri after reading your post. Works great!
Espogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
MentalMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espogolf View Post
Thanks for the info on Siri. Just got my 2013 EXL V6 and tried Siri after reading your post. Works great!
You have it already!? Did it come installed when you bought the car or was it flashed by the dealer? You have a Crosstour?

BTW, welcome from one new owner and forum member to another. Seems like a great fourm.
MentalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #9
Xaque

I can get Siri to work by holding down my Home button on the iPhone and speak to her through the car's normal BT handsfree method. (on my 2010)

I believe the Siri integration coming allows the activation of it through the vehicle's controls/buttons.
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
durment

Guess im showing my age ,I been using it with my home button all along,I thouhgt it was the car ,Good stumble I suppose.Duh
durment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Ronn L

I read where Siri will be added with a button on the steering wheel to the next year Crosstour
Ronn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #12
Joe221

Has there been any further updating on this? It'd be nice to get the update at some time or are they just doing it with the 2014 models?

2013 V6 EX-LN 2WD
Basque Red Pearl II / Ivory
Joe221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
kdwilkerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmark View Post

Love it, thank you,

Kevin
kdwilkerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Jbrady1620

I have a 2013 Crosstour 4 cylinder w/nav. I had Siri Eyes installed yesterday by dealer here in Miami yesterday. Service Manager stated he didn't know if the upgrade would work for my Crosstour, but very graciously offered to try. 45 minutes later he returned and handed me an instruction manual for Siri. The software was installed without a problem, and works as advertised, fantastic.
Jbrady1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #15
Joe221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrady1620 View Post
I have a 2013 Crosstour 4 cylinder w/nav. I had Siri Eyes installed yesterday by dealer here in Miami yesterday. Service Manager stated he didn't know if the upgrade would work for my Crosstour, but very graciously offered to try. 45 minutes later he returned and handed me an instruction manual for Siri. The software was installed without a problem, and works as advertised, fantastic.
Thanks for your update. Last time I called my dealer, service had no idea. Maybe now they will, maybe.

2013 V6 EX-LN 2WD
Basque Red Pearl II / Ivory
Joe221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement