When do I change fluids? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Maintenance

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
ajolivier

Default When do I change fluids?

My dealer said I need to change my transmission and brake fluid. Also, what about coolant, rear differential fluid? My mileage is 35000 on a 2010 that I have had 2.5 years. The owners manual says brake fluid every 3 years. I don't see a mileage for the other fluids. Maybe thats because it depends if they look dirty. Problem I have is I don't believe my dealer ever since they told me to have the fuel injectors flushed at 15,000 miles.
ajolivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
dtexan

All of this information is in your owners manual. Depending on what kind of climate you drive in you can change them at different intervals.
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
ajolivier

I think thats why I am confused - according to my manual I think the maintenance minder should tell me when to change the fluids just like it does the oil. My car isn't telling me to change anything other than oil which is why I was wondering why the dealer wanted to change it.
ajolivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
dtexan

I would go ahead and do a drain and fill on the transmission. It is cheap and just as easy as an oil change.
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Xaque

The maintenance minder will in fact tell you when to change the other fluids.

I had mine inform me of Rear Diff before, etc.

If you decide to change things of your own accord, just make sure you write it down. That way if the following month your car calls for it (because it wont know you just did), you can tell your shop to skip it.
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
DraEagWol

I have a 2010 as well, with 39k miles on it. I still have yet to receive a MM on anything other than the standard B1 - change oil, rotate tires, inspect everything. The service manager also suggested a Rear Diff fluid change, the last time I was in. I told him maybe next time. Well the MM just went off again 15% life left at 8k+ miles or so since last change, and I still only get a B1 on the MM. So I am debating whether or not to get the rear diff fluid done or not.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
PattyBags

Yeah the dealer told me I need tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, new front and rear brakes, front rotors resurfaced, blah blah blah. They said the rear diff fluid should be changed every 15k miles as per the manufacturer. These people are so greedy it makes me sick. Oh yeah my CT has 22,000 miles and needs all of this done already? I don't believe them for a second.
PattyBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
pshivers

Except for the items listed below all fluid changes/recommended maintenance is covered by the Maintenance Minder.

Independent of the maintenance messages in the information display, replace the brake fluid every 3 years.

If the message "SERVICE" does not appear more than 12 months after the display is reset, change the engine oil every year.

Replace air cleaner element
  • If the vehicle is driven primarily in dusty conditions, replace every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).
Replace dust and pollen filter
  • If the vehicle is driven mostly in areas that have high concentrations of dust, pollen, or soot in the air, replace every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).
  • Replace filter whenever airflow from the heating and air conditioning system is less than normal.
pshivers is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement