Thinking of painting my rims black - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Appearance / Body Modifications

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
rlrawalt

Default Thinking of painting my rims black

Hello, I was thinking of painting my stock rims black on my white CT but I don't know how it'll look. I don't know how to explain this but I think it's ridiculous when I see mods done to certain cars that shouldn't have them done. Painting rims, lowering/lifting, blackout headlights etc. I'm sure it won't because I think Crosstours are sporty in a way. I painted my rims when I had my mustang and I loved it. I have only found two pictures of white Crosstours with black rims. And they were aftermarket ones. I just don't want to spend $600+ on new rims. I do like the look of black CT with black wheels. What does everyone think? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda crosstour.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	823  
rlrawalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
deathwish

A professional paint job will easily run you the $600. Ideally, you should dismount the tires and run the color into the inner bead.

If you want black, powder coat would be far superior to paint. It would be way more durable. There may be a wheel company that can supply you with black stock wheels in exchange for yours . . . Plus cost of coating . . . It will give you minimal down time.

Here's a guy doing just that for Camaro rims:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-2010-Camar...item4d0472abec
  • Prior ride, 1990 Prelude Si-ALB, Red/Black, (really miss that one)
deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
Cadillac Bob

If you arent sure, just plasti-kote them. Tons of people do it to rims (hell some even do entire cars, check youtube!)

Its a pretty durable finish and if you dont like it or ever want to change it, just peel it off! Lots of tutorials on youtube also on how to do the rims on or off the car.
2012 Crosstour EXL, Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, 2' suspension drop, Body color 20' Cruiser Alloy wheels, Body color grille, MB Quart Components, Fosgate Sixty.3 processor, Ipad mini, HiFonics Zeus Zxi 5 channel amp, JL Audio 13.5 sub

All my other goofy car projects...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cadillac%20bob/
Cadillac Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
durment

exchange for powdercoated rims ,they take alot of abuse down there.go to tirerack.com put in your car and color find a close to stock wheel and it puts up a picture awesome site for looking around
durment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
BlackBetsy

Plasti-dip all the way! Check it out on youtube.
BlackBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
carid
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrawalt View Post
Hello, I was thinking of painting my stock rims black on my white CT but I don't know how it'll look. I don't know how to explain this but I think it's ridiculous when I see mods done to certain cars that shouldn't have them done. Painting rims, lowering/lifting, blackout headlights etc. I'm sure it won't because I think Crosstours are sporty in a way. I painted my rims when I had my mustang and I loved it. I have only found two pictures of white Crosstours with black rims. And they were aftermarket ones. I just don't want to spend $600+ on new rims. I do like the look of black CT with black wheels. What does everyone think? Thanks!
Hi! Painting is very entertaining if you do it by yourself) I suggest you to paint it dark chrome - the more coats you apply, the darker it will be. Just take a look)

http://www.carid.com/universal-paint...t-4014431.html

Old 04-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
SoCalCT

I platidipped mine. Easy, takes about 20 minutes a wheel and if you do not like it peel it off.

SoCalCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
Benton

Well I also plasti dip because of this feature, if you don't like that you can easily peel off that and again color them with different color. But your wheels are looking very nice and I think black is the only color which suits on any color car.
Advertisement