Busted blower fan after 52,000 kms - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
JubileeJack

Default Busted blower fan after 52,000 kms

My blower fan is already acting up...sound like a diesel engine, just listen to the vid. I removed the glove box and the cabin air filter so you get a better sense of it. I am livid , Can 't believe a part so silly can go after 52,000 kms on a 2010 CT, JubileeJack is unimpressed Honda.

Vehicle is under warranty as it hasn 't been 3 yrs yet or 60,000 kms but my stealership already warned me that if they find anything in there (i.e., rock) it will not be covered. When I heard them say this, I immediately asked how a "rock" would get in there?....there was no comeback to my query but they already appear on the defensive.

Will keep the forum posted in case this happens to anyone else but i suspect the Honda tech will claim the noise not being bad, or similar, which will result in Jacky here replacing the fan himself and swearing off Honda for another 10+ years.

Video w/ sound of the blower fan acting up:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/867...scodozewao.mp4
JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
chefmark
Super Moderator

I agree, it sound like a blower fan. Have you check to see if any TSB are out there about the fan motor?
chefmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
JubileeJack

All got covered under warranty, Honda acknowledged it was a blower fan.
JubileeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
DraEagWol

Glad they covered it for you!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
PAUL1910

Mine was replaced after250 miles. And it was not even the problem had a noise like a leave stuck in the vent when I was in the floor position no other position but that was what they diagnosed now prior to going back to dealer I pulled the motor to check for a leave nothing in there motor was operating fine so they replace motor still making sound was told it was a piece of plastic what ever noise gone now they think the consumers are idiots I knew it wasn't the fan so I got a free tank of fuel for my troubles and a car to use while it was being fixed
PAUL1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
ArtH

Location: On a hill overlooking the Grays River Valley and Columbia River in SW Washington State

Thanks for posting your problem. Mine is acting up as well at certain speed levels, so I might see if Honda will fix. It's almost as loud as your video, but only at a certain speed, not all speeds. Funny how problems not normally part of Honda are showing up in this car.
ArtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement