Roof rack or not? - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > Crosstour General Discussion

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Dimples129

Default Roof rack or not?

I'm trying to decide if I should put a roof rack on or not. I just purchased a new 2012 4WD and the dealer said they would throw in a roof rack. They are going to call me to make an appointment. I saw a few pics of CTs with the rack and heard it is noisy with the moonroof open, but I'd like some input from anyone who has one. What do you think of it? I heard that you can take it off and cover the spaces with molding covers, is that true?
Thanks for the input!
Dimples129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Xaque

Everything you said is indeed true for the CT.

I leave mine on year-round, and it is noisy. Considerably more than without (when the moonroof is open).

It does just unbolt and the kit comes with "plugs" to cover up the receptacles when the rack isn't on. But truth-be-told I leave the rack on year-round.

There is at least one thread in the forum already which discussed the rack in depth, and even shows some other aftermarket options.
Xaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Dimples129

Thanks! I did do some searching and found some other threads. Couldn't figure out how to delete this one though! :-)
Dimples129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
L8Apex

I've been using a Rage Performance universal roof rack for years. I can fit it to all of our cars (except my S2000, of course). It's rated at 150 pounds but I've had over 300 pounds on it for a 2,500 mile round trip. It fit my Integra, Accord, CRV and I intend to use it on the Crosstour.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Gear Jammer

Default Thule load bars

I wanted to use my older Thule bike & kayak racks, which were fitted to 50" Thule square load bars. Thule calls for 58" bars for the CT. The 50" bars fit very well. I think the 58" bars would be head bangers when getting out of the car.
Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement