Purchased a 2012 Crosstour for decent CDN price - Honda Crosstour Forums
     Honda Crosstour Forums
Auto Insurance

Go Back   Honda Crosstour Forums > Honda CrossTour Forums > New Member introduction

CrossTourOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Crosstour Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
WeirdG

Default Purchased a 2012 Crosstour for decent CDN price

Hi all,

Been driving my CT for the past couple of days, and I love it. It's definitely a huge upgrade over my 2005 Acura TSX. I've been bombing around through snowy and icy roads, and I can't believe how good the traction is with the stock Michelin all season tires.

In my province, the sticker price of a 2012 Crosstour EX-L 4WD w/Navi is around $40,500. The 2013 model is just under $41K. I called several dealerships in my city and just outside my city, and feel I got the best deal I could on a silver DEMO model CT. I spoke with four different dealerships, and I finally got one dealership to come down to $32K plus taxes, with a 5-year 3.99% financing rate. I felt this was the best price I could find, especially on a DEMO model with just under 10,000KM. A few other dealerships I contacted had DEMO models with 20,000-40,000KM on them, and the higher KMs didn't appeal to me.

There's an automatic $5500 rebate on CTs, plus I got another $3000 knocked off the price. They were going to give me 4.99% financing rate, but they were able to drop it down to 3.99%. Because of the rebate, no dealerships in my city could give me 0.99% financing. Either I get the rebate or I get the lower financing rate. The rebate works out to be a better deal.

My CT came with a block heater and mud guards, which is standard on all new vehicles in Alberta. The only other thing that was thrown in was a special card for a lifetime of free oil changes, 10% off all parts/accessories, and 5% cash back on all purchases through the dealership.

I actually spent $1550 extra on a protection package, which includes paint protection, rust protection, leather protection, undercoating, and 3M rock guard. I think there might be more in the package, but I can't remember what else off the top of my head. The protection package has a lifetime warranty. For example, if my seats start cracking, the dealership has to replace them under the warranty.

I ended up buying the OEM all season mats from another dealership for $165 plus tax, because the dealership I purchased the CT from was sold out. I'm planning to also install a CompuStart car starter/security system within the next couple of weeks. Next fall I want to tint the driver side and passenger side windows, and also upgrade the tires and rims. I want to put some Nokian WR all weather tires on the CT.

WG

Last edited by WeirdG; 12-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.
WeirdG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
deathwish

Welcome to the family. Sounds like your new CT will get a workout in the winter up there.
  • Prior ride, 1990 Prelude Si-ALB, Red/Black, (really miss that one)
deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #3
WeirdG

Thanks... it is so far. There's been a lot of ice and snow for it to drive through. So far so good. Like I mentioned above, I'm planning to put some Nokian WRs on it during the Summer/Fall.

WG
Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
deathwish

Here in New England, Ihaven't needed a dedicated set of snows since I had my Prelude. Those stock tires (XGTV Michelin IIRC) were bad news in the snow. Also I worked nights at the time and drove frequently on unplowed interstates. Of the two tires I tried back then, my favorites were the Blizzak's, they were quiet rolling in the dry weather, and stuck well to the slippery stuff.
  • Prior ride, 1990 Prelude Si-ALB, Red/Black, (really miss that one)
deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
WeirdG

I prefer to go with the Nokian all weather tires, because I hate changing tires every couple of seasons. The Nokian WR tires also have the severe winter driving condition stamp on them. Apparently they're better than some dedicated winter tires.

WG
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
WeirdG

When I purchased my new 2012 Crosstour a couple of weeks ago, I asked my sales rep if she could also throw in the v4.B1 Navi DVDs. I handed over the Grey/White DVDs for my CT today, and she's going to hook me up with v4.B1 discs hopefully next week. Saves me $150 out of my pocket.

WG
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
WeirdG

Found out today my sales rep couldn't hook me up with the 2013 DVDs. She was gonna swap them from a 2013 model, but Honda is putting the maps on hard drives now. I assume it's to crack down on piracy.

Since I'm not willing to shell out $180 plus shipping for the DVDs, I'm just gonna buy a copy of them off Kijiji for $50. :P

WG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement