Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Front Brake Pad Upgrade

16K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  L8Apex 
#1 ·
I've had my 2012 Crosstour EX L for about three weeks now. As a performance driving instructor and general track junkie, my reaction is that the brakes fade too early under hard application.

Accordingly, I want to install higher bite front brake pads. The only higher bite pads that I have been able to find on the Internet are the EBC "Yellow Stuff".

I've never been an EBC fan when it comes to high performance brake pads. So, I'd like to know if anyone has found a pad compatible to the Crosstour front calipers from anyone else like, Carbotech, Porterfield, Hawk, Performance Friction, or Ferrodo?

I don't see a DIY on changing the brake pads here. Is one needed?

#4 ·
After more than 40 years of race track instructing and a short period of racing, unless the braking system is specifically designed around modified rotors, I stick with plain, vented rotors. I do have slotted rotors on my S2000 but that's for show. When I go to the race track with it, I swap to plain, vented rotors.

#5 ·
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a brand new set of centric rotors sitting at home. I wonder if any other honda's use the same pads as the crosstour?
I've done some research and cross-checking on the part numbers. The part number for the front brake pad set for the 2010-2012 Crosstour is 45022-TP6-A60 for all versions.

This part has no other model-equivalent in the Honda parts catalog.

Using that part number for online search, the only equivalent aftermarket performance part that I could find is the EBC Yellow Stuff from a USA vendor but on searching the EBC site earlier today, they do not even show the Crosstour in their product compatibility listings.

I've sent an email to their sales department over in England and hope to receive a response soon. I'll post that response here.

#9 ·
After several exchanges in our conversation, the following is the result of that conversation with the representative from EBC. As a result of this conversation, I'm going to order a set of YellowStuff pads for the front. I'll try to report on my impressions shortly thereafter.

THE LAST EXCHANGE WITH EBC:

For your Crosstour the Yellowstuff part numbers are-

DP41743R (Front)
DP41193/2R (Rear)

I was emailing our UK tech about these pads last week and he was able to confirm that regardless of the 2011 and 2012 Crosstour’s engine the pads will remain the same. The backing plates will be designed to fit all of the models.

The Redstuff part numbers are-

DP31743C (Front)
DP31193/2C (Rear)

Thank you for sharing the information I provided on the forum and please let me know if you have any other questions. Please also feel free to leave my email address in your post in case any other forum member has a question.

Kind Regards,

Brendan Cashman
www.ebcbrakes.com
EBC BRAKES USA, Inc.
brendan@ebcbrakesusa.com

#15 ·
I'm going to order a set of YellowStuff pads for the front. I'll try to report on my impressions shortly thereafter.
Any feedback on the pads?

Im also considering EBC rotors since the originals seem to be warped.

They sell kits on autopartswarehouse.com but they have too many to choose from. Im considering the "Premium Street Kit".

Although they are the cheapest EBC kit (pads and rotor) at $266 they are still double the cost of Powerstop OE replacement kit on the same website.

Is it worth spending the extra cash?

#12 ·
As near as I can tell they are saying that they are the same as the 10-12 Accord (45022-TA0-A60), 07-11 Acura RDX (45022-SHJ-A50), and 05-12 Odyssey (45022-SHJ-A50).

Just out of interest, I'll compare them to my 2003 Accord V6 pads (45022-SEA-J11). I have those because I converted my S2000 front brakes to these larger calipers last year. The car is in storage but my track pads (Hawk Blue) are in my parts bin.

#13 · (Edited)
On the subject of upgrades . . .

Has anyone looked at doing a rotor/caliper swap with an MDX/ZDX. They have 13" rotors up front. There is a ton of space inside my stock 18's. Any chance their caliper brackets would bolt on to the CT knuckle? Since the platform is similar, it just might. Rockauto even shows some remanufactured twin piston calipers with brackets fitting 2012 model MDX/ZDX.

http://www.rockauto.com/
http://www.buybrakes.com/c-80_acura-mdx_brake-kits.aspx

#16 ·
They are still in the garage. I just got back from a trip to the Smoky Mtns. and several runs up and down the Tail of the Dragon with my S2000. I'm leaving soon for a trip to Boston and Cape Cod. I may get it done before I go but I'll surely do it on the return after I install behind-the-dash wiring for my GPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.