Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Disgruntled new owners with buyers remorse, PLEASE READ!

97K views 106 replies 50 participants last post by  pshivers 
#1 ·
Due to a few people constantly ranting on how tiny little insignificant details that they don't like on their CT seem to be ruining their entire life, I have decided to set a few things straight.

This website is designed primarily for owners to communicate with a greater audience and learn about their cars. These are new vehicles, they will have quirks, EVERY car has quirks. Get over it.

Do NOT start a thread about a concern without using the search fuction first or the thread will be deleted. These vehicles have very few and very minor issues that have been covered multiple times.

Finally, I don't want to see this nice site go downhill with a bunch of crybabies who are upset that they bought a car that didn't have something they want. Oh well, tough, YOU bought it, nobody forced you to. If you think you got suckered, oh well, it's not the car's fault, it's your own, lesson learned.

Most of the members on this forum are delighted to help answer questions about everything on their cars, so by all means ask. Do not expect an immediate answer or get in a huff because nobody answers your question. The reason nobody answered is because they probably don't know the answer, just like you.

There isn't a single CT on the road right now that is out of warranty, so before whining about some petty issue, call your local service department and discuss it with them. After all is said and done, please, share you experience with the rest of the group.

See less See more
#3 ·
On another forum(RROC) we have topics divided into general areas of interest. We can sign up for only the topics we want to read about and we get immediate or daily notification(our choice) of posts to those topics. It is also possible to sign up for notification(daily or otherwise) when someone responds to your post. With these features, it eliminates duplicate posts and it allows me to read only subjects I am interested in. I don't have to search thru endless posts to find if someone has responded to one of my questions. I can also do a search for all of my own postings. Is any of this possible on this forum? Am I just missing out here?

#7 ·
Is any of this possible on this forum? Am I just missing out here?
Yes. You can subscribe to a thread or a forum if you wish, and can elect to be notified via e-mail of any updates. You can subscribe when entering a new post by selecting your preference under "Thread Subscription" below the text entry box. Or, you may subscribe by selecting the appropriate option in the Forum Tools or Thread Tools menu near the top of the Forum or Thread.

#4 ·
Hear, hear! Also, I would strongly advise all new owners to read their owners manual (and nav manual, if applicable). You'd be surprised what you can learn. I read mine, cover to cover, and found answers to many questions that are asked on this forum.

#9 ·
LOL about the new youngster.....That can definitely affect one's sleep and disposition.......but Ryan is right.....We're not here to ***** and complain and drag everyone down crabbing about incidental crap..... we're here to share our experiences and issues with a new ride. Yes there's a difference between bitching and sharing issues...:)

By what I've read, the majority are fairly happy with their purchase with no real regrets and certainly experience nothing more stressful than a trip to the dealer for a warranty repair and a free coffee and bagel.

Enjoy your CT's guys a gals. They really are special, and we love to hear how special.:D

C.

#12 ·
seriously??? Its good that your CT is just jim dandy. I have had company cars for the last 7 years, no car payment, no insurance payment, no maintenence fees, and now I have to worry about resale value. To give you an idea I've got close to 25000 miles on mine and its something that I have to deal with everyday for several hundred miles a day. But you're right, dont ask questions to try to get to the bottom of the systemic issue.
So la la la I love my CT wheeee!!!
I wont step out of line ever again leader.

#69 · (Edited)
I guess I missed out on something? Lol... Some of us bought the CT to last and keep for years. This is why you buy a good car that is reliable and made by a good company. I really don't expect to be buying a car for the next 6 years? So I am not going to cry about the resale value. For now it seems to be reliable, comfortable, Luxury, BOLD and big, and roomy for what I need. I am not going to cry....Lol. Who cares what other people think? When you've got something good, you will be happy, and you will know it!!! That's my say on this subject. " Can't we all just love our CT's" Lol...

#25 ·
I'm not sure what we're all about to fight over, but I'm on CCT's side. ;)

#26 ·
We just need to hug this one out... C'mon everyone bring it in :D

#27 ·
*HUGS* :p (in a very manly fashion, of course)

#28 ·
Lol for real... ::manliest hug humanly possible::

#40 ·
Disgruntled - I wasn't 18 hours ago... :(

I test drove and bought my new Crosstour yesterday at 2pm Central Time in Houston Texas. Cloud nine, the car I have been looking for. Then this morning I find this website. Now its like when the Doctor gives you a new medicine and you take for a few days then you read the side effects on the bottle! This perfect car I bouth 18 hours ago now has a vibration coming up through the steering column, there is road noise cominf through the dash from the front wheels and wind noise around the seal of the lift back! I havent even made the first payment and the demons are attacking me! All kidding aside I almost bought a regular V6 Accord Sedan last year but the tire noise in the cabin drove me away. The crosstour isnt the quietes but it is so much improved over the sedan I had to get it. What amazes me is the loyalty to the Honda line in general but also how much a car that is less than one year old has such a following or could it be that we are all stuck with them for at least 5 years until there paid off! I really like this vehicle and will update periodically on my crosstour adventures.

#44 ·
I test drove and bought my new Crosstour yesterday at 2pm Central Time in Houston Texas. Cloud nine, the car I have been looking for. Then this morning I find this website. Now its like when the Doctor gives you a new medicine and you take for a few days then you read the side effects on the bottle! This perfect car I bouth 18 hours ago now has a vibration coming up through the steering column, there is road noise cominf through the dash from the front wheels and wind noise around the seal of the lift back! I havent even made the first payment and the demons are attacking me! All kidding aside I almost bought a regular V6 Accord Sedan last year but the tire noise in the cabin drove me away. The crosstour isnt the quietes but it is so much improved over the sedan I had to get it. What amazes me is the loyalty to the Honda line in general but also how much a car that is less than one year old has such a following or could it be that we are all stuck with them for at least 5 years until there paid off! I really like this vehicle and will update periodically on my crosstour adventures.
Sorry to hear that TXCT, is the wind noise from the hatch or more from the drivers side rear window?

#41 ·
FWIW....I'm sorry to hear of the numerous problems with the CT....I've had mine since March and haven't had any of the problems listed on this forum....every time I hear of something, I rush out to the car to check the trouble area, but I guess I've just been lucky....so far, anyway....

#42 ·
Thats how I feel. I bought mine last night. Drove around happy as could be. Drive to work this morning feeling good...saw my odometer said 98 miles when I went into my office. Then I read all the gloom and doom on here. Went for a drive at lunch and its falling apart already........is there a LEMON law in Texas? I really like the car and it will be around a long time for me. Plus every car has something you don't like.

#45 ·
I'm loving my CT and have had virtually no issues of any consequence. The 1 or 2 things that have come up have been addressed immediately. My CT is only a little over 2 months old and I have only put 2000 miles on it, but still, I have none of the issues I've read about here. Every car has something and in most cases, every defect can and will be fixed by the dealer. The dealer can be your best friend and can make your ownership the best thing ever. Or, they can make it your hell, but with the right attitude on the part of the owner, most Honda dealers will make ownership a positive experience. I buy my daily drivers based almost exclusively on the dealer service department since there is little difference between a Chevy and a Mercedes except how I'm treated in their respective service departments! Good luck TX, things will be better! I'm still in love with my CT.

#46 ·
I just got a lease on an Crosstour EX about 8 days ago.

I traded in my 2003 Accord V6 EX Leather w/ Nav. which had 146,000 miles on it.

I have some regrets on the Corsstour.

It doesn't seem to have the same 0-60 performance as my Accord but looking on the web the 0-60 on the Crosstour is either 7.5 or 7.2 seconds and the Accord was 6.9 seconds but it *feels* much slower. And the Accord felt "sportier" - but it's probably because it was smaller.

The Accord also had a navigation unit where the Crosstour does not. The Accord had speakers on the rear deck whereas the Crosstour has speakers in the doors. I think the bass response was better on the Accord - and the music was certainly louder.

The Crosstour is wider and longer so it takes a little back and forth to get it in and out of my parking space.

The Crosstour has some real blind spots unless you use your side mirrors. You really can't check the blind spot by looking over your shoulder in this car. I'm more cautious making lane switches. I'll adjust to this - but it's a kind of thing that brings a small amount of remorse.

The Crosstour has some real advantages:
More headroom (I'm 6" tall) and my head use to touch the roof on my Accord.
Much quieter interior.
Smoother highway ride.

My Accord was a money pit - I had a lot of problems with the rack system (replaced TWICE), and the breaks only lasted about 20,00 miles at maximum.

The Crosstour lease was 4k down and then only $169 a month + tax. I bought more miles (15k a year instead of 12k) and I'm paying $204 a month for 35 months - and I never have to pay for anything other than oil changes.

I would have loved to get the EX-L AWD + Nav - but they weren't offering the same kind of incentives on that model.

So I have a little remorse - but I'll work though it.

#49 ·
I just got a lease on an Crosstour EX about 8 days ago.

I traded in my 2003 Accord V6 EX Leather w/ Nav. which had 146,000 miles on it.

I have some regrets on the Corsstour.

It doesn't seem to have the same 0-60 performance as my Accord but looking on the web the 0-60 on the Crosstour is either 7.5 or 7.2 seconds and the Accord was 6.9 seconds but it *feels* much slower. And the Accord felt "sportier" - but it's probably because it was smaller.

The Accord also had a navigation unit where the Crosstour does not. The Accord had speakers on the rear deck whereas the Crosstour has speakers in the doors. I think the bass response was better on the Accord - and the music was certainly louder.

The Crosstour is wider and longer so it takes a little back and forth to get it in and out of my parking space.

The Crosstour has some real blind spots unless you use your side mirrors. You really can't check the blind spot by looking over your shoulder in this car. I'm more cautious making lane switches. I'll adjust to this - but it's a kind of thing that brings a small amount of remorse.

The Crosstour has some real advantages:
More headroom (I'm 6" tall) and my head use to touch the roof on my Accord.
Much quieter interior.
Smoother highway ride.

My Accord was a money pit - I had a lot of problems with the rack system (replaced TWICE), and the breaks only lasted about 20,00 miles at maximum.

The Crosstour lease was 4k down and then only $169 a month + tax. I bought more miles (15k a year instead of 12k) and I'm paying $204 a month for 35 months - and I never have to pay for anything other than oil changes.

I would have loved to get the EX-L AWD + Nav - but they weren't offering the same kind of incentives on that model.

So I have a little remorse - but I'll work though it.
You could have waited to get a CT with a NAV, no ones fault but your own and far as proformance, the CT is a lot frecking heaver than an Accord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.