Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Handling upgrade choices

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dtexan 
#1 ·
First post! got my 2010 EX-L V6 a month ago. Love the car and have only one thing I'd like to improve. I would appreciate the forum's advice to help me decide. I feel the handling is a tad squishy/undefined/ floaty for my liking.

I have stock 18" rims/wheels and plan to put my Enkei LF-10s on after the winter. These are the same size as stock so don't plan to get 19s or 20s with a lower profile tire.

I've read about lowering springs on this forum (helpful!) but can see they are hard to find, don't lower that much and some have rubbing issues to work out when lowered enough to really make a visual impact.

But what about stiffer springs or shocks, anyone find good improvements just by stiffening? IMHO it feels the floatyness is more attributed to the suspension than tire roll.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Matt

#2 ·
Recognizing that it is a crossover-suv, what is it that you dislike?

Recognition of the beast you are trying to tame is important. Back in the early 90's I bought a GMC Typhoon as a daily driver. I worked on that suspension for a year without success. I even had ATR in Cali. make a 38 mm front sway bar to keep the rear on the ground in mid-turn. One day, a close friend said something like "You bought a truck. It's gonna drive like a truck. Live with it." Reality set in after that and I sold it.

Handling issues are really something that you need to solve for yourself. I suggest that you find somebody locally that knows how to tune a suspension, have them drive with you, describe what it is that you dislike and seek a recommendation on changing your suspension or changing your driving technique.

BTW, I'm not bashful about suspension tuning. I just laid out $2,300 for coilovers, $170 for top hats, $600 for springs and $160 for bump bushes for my track car and hope to have this new kit on the car for alignment and tuning early next week.

#3 ·
I hear ya. I recognize its a crossover and that means a certain thing. Even if I can't address this issue I still love the car for what it is. I am not the guy who does many mods but know enough to get myself thinking. I am basically asking if anyone has gotten a stiffer suspension set up (without worrying about dropping the ride and without lower profile tires/larger rims) that has helped this floaty feeling?

#5 ·
I had springs made at coil sping works in no ca they ask what u want to do.I lowered 1.75 inches added 30% to the spring rate and left plenty for camber adjustment.30% worked great for me I have 20s on mine and no tire flex.It still is way tight...pushes, but its way better now doesnt bottom out.they can make springs as harsh as u want, but now its a tuning issue.Remember its a heavy car ,im gonna stop with some swaybar work,never gonnabe a corvette though,but i like what has been done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.